Summer vacation cautionary tale

Options
I have been trying to drop my last 8lbs to get back to my fighting weight:) I used to be extremely active - a marathon runner. But a series of big life changes - kids and separation and new job - sidelined my running. I lost motivation to train consistently - I had been active and fit my entire life. I decided to do something about it - eat sensibly and exercise.

I was making decent progress until summer vacation hit. I totally blew it this summer - ate too much, not enough exercise. I hated the way my clothes fit. But denial is a funny thing. I stepped on the scale and was alarmed when it registered a 5lb weight gain. I tried to rationalize "I don't think I could have gained that much weight. Have I really been that bad...etc is it water retention or a broken scale..lol..

Proof was in the grey dress pants I hadn't worn since May. Tight! Skin tight. Unable to fasten. Yuck. All this to say - I have renewed my commitment - I have lost the 5 lbs I gained - lots of exercise and strict adherence to calorie intake. I'm now back where I started but with a sobering lesson - you simply can't get away with drinking wine, consuming extra calories here and there, light exercise. Doesn't work. Thanks to all for you posts and support. Funny thing is - I feel so much better doing the right things - so why not just do them!!

Replies

• Ty_Floyd
    Ty_Floyd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Your pants were skin tight after gaining five pounds?!?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on renewing your commitment to yourself. You can do this.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I get the going crazy while on vacation. I have fun and then get back to logging when I return. 5 pounds ain't nothing.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ty_Floyd wrote: »
    Your pants were skin tight after gaining five pounds?!?

I was confused about this too!
    Perhaps you were bloated that particular day hence the 5lb gain? The body can do strange things sometimes but I can't see 5lbs causing your clothes to no longer fit at all..!

Regardless of that, congratulations for getting back in to it! :D
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    My clothes would not fit after gaining 5lbs. I am only 5 ft though.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My clothes would not fit after gaining 5lbs. I am only 5 ft though.

Ditto!