Emotional eating

Options
hi everyone

I am looking for advice from anyone who has successfully overcome eating there emotions?

I have been though a rough time the past few weeks but I have 98lbs to lose and want to start but by dinner time - I just binge eat due to stresses in my life at the moment

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Stress eating can be overcome. I promise you that.

First of all, you say you have 98lbs to lose. How important is it that you lose this weight? That's the question you have to ask yourself. Is this weight loss more important than that stressful situation that causes you to eat?

Secondly, what do you like doing the most? Do you like reading? Do you like surfing the net? These are just two examples of things that reduce my stress levels that don't involve eating (I used to be an emotional eater too, so I certainly understand the struggle). If you can challenge yourself to exercise when you are feeling stressed sometimes too, this can also really help you mentally and of COURSE physically. Exercise is the least used anti-depressant. The natural endorphins that you get from a good work-out session really can do wonders for your mental well-being.

For now, it really is about having faith and believing in yourself. Best of luck :)
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you

I am desperate to lose weight and find myself following lots of fad diets
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    Thank you

I am desperate to lose weight and find myself following lots of fad diets
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    My phone won't let me post my whole reply
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi, on my profile you can read "if hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the answer" . Keep telling yourself this everytime you want to eat. Are you really hungry ? Otherwise find something else to do. Clean out your closet, go for a walk, call a friend, etc.
  • loveyaself123
    loveyaself123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat to "treat" myself, which works most of the time but I end up indulging in super unhealthy foods...
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat to "treat" myself, which works most of the time but I end up indulging in super unhealthy foods...

you are not a dog ... don't "treat" yourself with food. This does not mean that you cannot enjoy some fun food once in a while but your mindset should shift
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    when your feeling stressed, go do some hard cardio.
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    Looks like a lot of cardio on the cards for me then - going to be busy at night - can only be a good thing right?