Burpees!

Options
What kind of burpee do you do?!

...push up, knee push up, no push up, chest to ground, jump, no jump etc. I've seen so many variations of them lately so i'm just wondering... :happy:

Replies

• lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    I just did a set of these in my bootcamp class for the first time. OMG. Our instructor had us jump forward, get down, push our legs back, then jump back so that our knees touched our chest, stand up and jump spin to do the same thing on the other side. She wanted us to do 8. I did 3, and then I felt like I was about to pass out. Whew!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most of the burpees I do are as part of the Turbo Fire HIIT workouts and they are no pushup w/ a jump. When I do them as part of a calisthenic workout I include a pushup and no jump (reg pushups on toes)
  • Tim_Moelelr
    Options
    I've have to admit BURPEES ARE KILLER but they get you pumped.

I do 2 variations. The standard burpee with no pushup and then a standard burpee with a chin-up (jump to grab chin-up bar). Wow!

If you're not including these in your workout, you are missing out on a great heart pounder. You can throw these into any routine to add variety--you'll curse it but you'll see the gains. The more uncomfortable (within reason) the workout; the greater results.
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Today we did long jump burpees (standing long jump, burpee, repeat) in my boot camp class. I usually try to always do burpees with a pushup, unless my upper body is sore (I like pushups in general though :p). I think I'm going to go for 100 burpees when I hit 100 LBs lost, although that may be a deterrent (did 50 at 50 LBs).

Edit: Have to agree that this and battle ropes are probably the two best heart rate pumping circuit exercises you can do.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ooooo spins? :smile: Sounds like fun! lol
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My trainer likes making us do push up long jump burpees. We do them for the length of the gym back and forth. I'm a horrible jumper too so I always end up doing more than the others lol
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    One leg burpees, alternating, for a good quad workout. One hand (much tougher if you do a pushup). Bosu burpees - flip a bosu upside down and hold it in your hands while you do your burpee (makes the pushup use a lot more core/stabilization) and lift it over your head when you jump. The bosu starts to feel really heavy after about 3 burpees.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    like this...

tumblr_m7y5mocMEM1rbkxb2o1_400.gif

also....

tumblr_mei8ftRH2G1rvlofzo1_500.jpg

But damn, they work....
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    93e022f109bad733d9b2788a35bd3728.jpg