Wellbutrin users?

Options
13»

Replies

• sonyaruns
    sonyaruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was put on Zoloft for hot flashes (could not take hormones due to BP issue) and it seems to have an effect on my appetite initially. If nothing else it made it easier for me to start my weight loss and get used to eating less and healthier
  • blackgirlfit
    blackgirlfit Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just an update. I've been on this for 2 months and I've lost 10 lbs
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I was on it to try to quit smoking (Wellbutrin and Zyban are the same drug). I didn't quit smoking or lose weight on it.
  • waxhawblob
    waxhawblob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did Wellbutrin/Zyban YEARS ago to stop smoking....and I cried...and cried...and cried. Doctor said to get off it "that minute". I guess it doesn't work with everyone.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I remember taking one of my boyfriend's Wellbutrin one weekend when I was trying to quit smoking. It didn't help me stop smoking but I ended up stripping the wallpaper off of the master bedroom walls and repainting the entire thing, including the attached vanity and bathroom in a day.

I don't get that motivated to do stuff like that. Ever. LOL
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My mom takes because she quit smoking and kept taking it for the mood stabilizing properties. It gave her a few panic attacks but they went away and overall she likes it. She did say, though, that it gave her nerve twitches like she used to get when she was addicted to meth. For some people it really ups your energy, but not for her really because, well, meth is a hell of a drug. Screws up your brain chemicals for life.

Good job and good luck OP!!
  • mstiffanymadison
    mstiffanymadison Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    My doctor gave this to me last week and so far my appetite is so suppressed. Last night I had chocolate milk for dinner and I couldn't even finished all of the 16oz.

It gives me really good dreams.

I've realized I'm more outspoken on it..

I was on citalopram earlier and gained 25 lbs in 6 months smh.

Hope that answers your question

I just started a few weeks ago and have been hitting the gym hard and maintaining a 1000+ calorie deficit for several weeks with NO results. I feel amazing, but it seems to thwart my weight loss. How long until your weight loss set in? How are you feeling now?
  • mstiffanymadison
    Options
    I've been on it for 4 days now. I'm hoping the suppressed appetite kicks in sooner or later. It's still a struggle for me not to think about food all day. If I'm not so full I feel gross, my brain is constantly thinking about what is around that I could eat next.

How has your experience been so far?