Clothing sizes - do you base it off that at first?

Options
So, if seen in an earlier post, I just ordered a new scale I can use finally.

And I will limit my weigh in to once per week so I don't become obsessed with the number.

Ive seen others base it off how their clothes feel. But that good old about 10 lbs a size I thought growing up is not really accurate I found lol.

I gained 70lbs last 2 years - and only 2 pant sizes. So I feel like it would take a long time to measure success by clothing sizes.

What is your method for seeing success?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Measurements

However, my favorite way is to focus on things like strength gains and increases in endurance. I currently aiming to squat my body weight and run a 5 k with the treadmill on incline 5.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Measurements, for sure. After about 3 months on MFP, I'd lost around 13 inches total and for me, that was better proof of change than seeing a smaller number on the scale.
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Partly I'm going by if I'm happy the way I look unclothed. (I'll be curious to see if I'm the only one going by that.)
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to worry not to much about numbers or sizes but focus on how many days in a row I log everything and how many days in a row I exercise.