what kind of scale to purchase?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me.
My journey involves losing a lot of weight, and I know that the scale can be the enemy, but I find them helpful.
My last scale was really great for function but not quality, and is broken after only a year. It offered weight, bmi, bone mass, water weight, metabolic rate, and synced to my phone.
I would like to get another one like this, but wanted a good quality product. Have any of you used a scale like this? Do you have any recommendations on a quality brand?

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I spent £30 on a standard electronic 'weight watchers' scale. I don't think you should spend a ridiculous amount on your scales but aim for mid-range as opposed to very cheap - they tend to be more accurate, so I've heard.
  • Hummingbird914
    Hummingbird914 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I spent £30 on a standard electronic 'weight watchers' scale. I don't think you should spend a ridiculous amount on your scales but aim for mid-range as opposed to very cheap - they tend to be more accurate, so I've heard.

Agreed.i just got one from target for 30
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Don't get a scale because it claims to tell your body fat also. That's the kind my husband wasted money on.
  • BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mine was a whopping $12 Weight Watchers scale on sale in Walgreens. It consistently goes down, which is all I really want from a scale. You can go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and spend $200 on a wifi scale that makes guesses at body composition, but the numbers are, again, guesses. I would just spend the money on a digital one that works consistently.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Mine was a whopping $12 Weight Watchers scale on sale in Walgreens. It consistently goes down, which is all I really want from a scale. You can go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and spend $200 on a wifi scale that makes guesses at body composition, but the numbers are, again, guesses. I would just spend the money on a digital one that works consistently.

If it shows I weigh less I deem it an accurate scale hehehe :)
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I need to buy new digital scales (both for food and my weight) but I'm not going to spend a lot of money - as long as I can get scales which consistently tell me I'm losing weight I'll be happy ;)