Need help learning how to eat right

Options
Hi I'm a momma of twins and have gained 12 pounds since being pregnant and would like to lose that weight and then some (I was 160 pre pregnancy) I would like to get down to 130-140 is my goal weight. Mostly I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and feel happy with myself. I have been using the app for a while now and it really has helped put in perspective my eating habits. I've lost 4 pounds since using this app and I can feel myself starting to go back to my old habits. I could use some support and help staying on the right track. I know i dont eat well and thats where i struggle to stay on top of my weight loss. Advice on how to eat healthy would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• patty_mayer
    patty_mayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! It certainly CAN be a struggle sometimes. What it is that you struggle with? Healthy meals or meal planning? Or is it snacking?
  • shorty3n7
    shorty3n7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Being a stay at home mom when i have a little bit of down time i find myself wandering into the kitchen and sometimes ill be good and grab fruit or veggies to eat but most of the time i just wanna grab a bag of chips and chow down. Also most of my days start with the babies first so i dont eat until well past 11 and i know thats not good for me. Or because i see how many calories im allowed i try to save them for dinner which is also a bad habit.
  • patty_mayer
    patty_mayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Babies certainly don't make it easy. They put you on THEIR schedule. I know it's tough but try not to skip meals and don't save your calories for dinner. You need to fuel your body throughout the day so you're not starving by dinner time. I have found that when you can fuel regularly (or as often as you can anyway) throughout the day, it seems to be easier to lose. My body doesn't want to hang on as tight since it knows it's going to be fed again soon. Veggies and fruits are good but don't forget you need protein too. Maybe when you make dinner, you could make a little extra each evening so that you have some leftovers for some lunches that you don't even have to think about. Might make it easier for you.