I Haven't Eaten...

Options
124»

Replies

• Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Personally, my advice would be to buy a small single serving of one of these foods and enjoy it as a delicious treat (my local 7-11 sells individual Ghiradelli squares). That might address your craving without blowing a whole bunch of calories. I do the same thing with potato chips and Cheetos- <3 u, single-serve bags!

Can you tell me what your goal is in avoiding all these foods? Would you like to not eat them for a set period of time? If so, how long is that time period? Will you never eat chocolate, candy, or cakes again?

Oh yeah sure, if I go out to eat, party etc but all to often that one bite turns into bingeing over a number of days, my stomach becomes massively bloated and the six pack I'm working on obscured.

You'll find on the recipe page a Nutella Brownie mix, I've baked 5 batches and eaten the most of each batch compared to the rest of the family.

Like the Pringles ad "once you pop you can't stop".
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Options
    Find some of your favorite fruits to replace that sugar fix..less calories and much more healthy.

I munch dates, figs, nuts, sultana's they definitely help. At work I sit right next to the tea/coffee station and it is here that staff daily donate biscuits, sweats and cakes, it's pure torture. I have thumbnail images of my ideal body all around my PC and when I hear the rustle of treat packaging I look at a perfectly formed 6 pack...it does help.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Starting anything on a moanday is a disaster! ;D
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I beat the chocolate cravings with a chocolate protein shake. Add a little low-fat milk and ice in the blender and it will resemble a chocolate frosty without the fat and empty calories - yummy!

That's what I do too!! I actually just ordered a 3 pack of new protein flavors: cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter, and strawberry! They are so good and i dont even notice i'm not having as many sweets =)
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif

Can't stop staring trying to catch every epicly awesome face!

I see:
    Tenth Doctor:
    Eleventh Doctor
    Rory
    Sherlock
    Captain America

Am I missing anyone?
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Personally, my advice would be to buy a small single serving of one of these foods and enjoy it as a delicious treat (my local 7-11 sells individual Ghiradelli squares). That might address your craving without blowing a whole bunch of calories. I do the same thing with potato chips and Cheetos- <3 u, single-serve bags!

Can you tell me what your goal is in avoiding all these foods? Would you like to not eat them for a set period of time? If so, how long is that time period? Will you never eat chocolate, candy, or cakes again?

Oh yeah sure, if I go out to eat, party etc but all to often that one bite turns into bingeing over a number of days, my stomach becomes massively bloated and the six pack I'm working on obscured.

You'll find on the recipe page a Nutella Brownie mix, I've baked 5 batches and eaten the most of each batch compared to the rest of the family.

Like the Pringles ad "once you pop you can't stop".

I'm sorry, that sounds really difficult. :( I have a coworker in a similar situation- she loves, loves, loves sweets but she doesn't bake any more because she's learned that it just takes too much out of her to deal with the temptation. People's suggestions of chocolate protein bars or shakes or cocoa-dusted almonds sound really good to me- they might help you through this rough patch, and give you a taste without breaking the bank. Like a little chocolate Nicorette!

Whatever you choose, best of luck. And congratulations on all you've accomplished so far!
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Find some of your favorite fruits to replace that sugar fix..less calories and much more healthy.

I munch dates, figs, nuts, sultana's they definitely help. At work I sit right next to the tea/coffee station and it is here that staff daily donate biscuits, sweats and cakes, it's pure torture. I have thumbnail images of my ideal body all around my PC and when I hear the rustle of treat packaging I look at a perfectly formed 6 pack...it does help.

oh my God, that sounds like the purest form of torture. AGGHHH! Is there any way you can change your desk location? Or would it be possible for you to wear earphones, or listen to quiet music?
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same when I went on a low sodium diet. I lost weight, but the headaches got to be so intense that I had to stop. As for sweets, it has to be in moderation for me. If I deprive myself, I WILL binge. It is comfort, it is what I would seek out when kids bullied me, when people died (lots of deaths in my family growing up...).

When I lost 75lbs I restricted myself and ate fruit instead of other sweets. The moment I had cake, it triggered a rash of binge eating. I did counter it with exercise though. But it sucks. We ALL have trigger foods.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Options
    Five days of torturous abstinence 3 lbs down and my abs are starting to show again.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Five days of torturous abstinence 3 lbs down and my abs are starting to show again.

Well I hope you can continue to maintain that.