Recommendations?

Options
amyr271
amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I do walk/jog every now and then, however with the weather starting to make a turn for the worse I want to be able to exercise from home.

Can anyone recommend any good work out tapes or programs that I can access from home?

Thanks!!

Replies

• activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    21 day fix, or any beach body video.
  • AdmireDeVoll
    AdmireDeVoll Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There are free jillean Michaels workout videos online, look it up on pintrest and there will be plenty to choose from. I like her beginning level videos but anything after that involves too much coordination for my awkward self so I prefer to stick to the elliptical at the YMCA doing hiit workouts and strength training. also taebo is actually a lot of fun I used to love doing it when I was younger but once again involves coordination.
  • amyr271
    Options
    21 day fix, or any beach body video.

I've heard so many mixed reviews of the beach body extravaganza, it's like Marmite, people either love it or hate it!

I am gonna check the website out though.
  • amyr271
    Options
    There are free jillean Michaels workout videos online, look it up on pintrest and there will be plenty to choose from. I like her beginning level videos but anything after that involves too much coordination for my awkward self so I prefer to stick to the elliptical at the YMCA doing hiit workouts and strength training. also taebo is actually a lot of fun I used to love doing it when I was younger but once again involves coordination.

Ohhh, I hadn't even thought about looking to Pinterest! Thanks
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to bash beachbody. I have the Insanity program and I love it, BUT you can get a good workout without having to spend so much money. The Jillian Michaels videos on youtube are really good and really free :)

I have an app called Sworkit that I really like. It's free too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV is great

Fitness Blender

Hulu.com

If you want to go the DVD route here are a couple of sites that give reviews & video clips:

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Default.asp

http://www.collagevideo.com/

I like that these sites let you know the choreography level, impact level and equipment needed. DVDs are great for options (possibilities): music only, voice only, chaptering, or programmable.

Check your local library for videos too.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk at home.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike. Best $100 I've spent, honestly. Great on lazy days, pop on Netflix and go.

I also love Les Mills Combat. Yes, it's a Beachbody program, but I got it on sale at $30 last Thanksgiving and it was completely worth it. Done it twice and will probably do it again soon because it's just so much fun.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    theres a TON of worout videos on youtube. all for free ;)

videos arent my thing- i prefer going to the gym and my weekly zumba class, but i know a lot of folks really like all the stuff on youtube :)
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Check out natalie jill fit on fb. She posts tons of body weight exercises wih videos. Love her!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Pinterest! If you search "Work-out" you get thousands of home work out ideas, it's fantastic. I've used MANY! :)