food that will make you feel fuller longer, like fiber stuff?

Options
Hi, I am wondering what type of food I can eat to make me feel fuller longer and also need more fiber. thanks much

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Quest bars have been getting a write up recently. :-)
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thanks I want to really watch my sugar and cal intake
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Protein plus vegetables works for me.

Legumes have lots of fiber, as do many vegetables and fruits, whole grains, etc.

If you log things on MFP you can see how much fiber they have.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When you figure it out, let me know.

For me usually it's a combination of fiber, fat and protein that works... but not always. But typically fruit with nuts/nut butter/cheese/yogurt.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Different for everyone. Balanced meal that includes plenty of carbs works best for me.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    A big salad with chicken breast strips
    Broccoli
    A protein shake with almond milk
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    A big salad made with napa cabbage instead of lettuce; oatmeal; massive amounts of green veggies; mushrooms in or on everything
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Don't know why, but I've been eating cheong fun (Chinese rice rolls) with homemade sauce for breakfast and I'm often so full I don't even want to eat lunch. Only 240 calories.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Vegetables can tend to do it just on stomach distension while keeping calories low. I eat 4.2 cup / 360 g's which is only about ~130 calories pretty regularly.
    NutriotionData.com has a fullness factor that you can look at for various foods:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/topics/fullness-factor
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Potatoes with skin with black beans on top. Can't think of anything more filling (lots of fiber too).
  • forbiddendonut
    forbiddendonut Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Protein, healthy fats, veggies, and tons of water. Avoid sugar and white breads, as they will make you extra hungry. Those protein bars have a lot of sugar. Oh, and get enough sleep! I'm always hungrier when I'm sleep-deprived.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt or oatmeal with chia seeds stirred in.

Protein with legumes / pulses or cruciferous veggies

Sweet potato topped with black beans

• Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    -Brown rice with black beans and spinach
    -A large bowl of strawberries or any fruits
    -Potato and spinach soup
    -Potato and cauliflower soup
    etc
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not sure. Fibre makes my stomach hurt while simultaneously not making me feel full. So I only eat what just... comes to me through my diet. I find fat and protein help most.

But fibre foods would be fruits and veggies, brown rice and wheat things, cereals... beans..
  • sophili82
    sophili82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles - almost zero calories and filling! The consistency is a matter of taste though...
  • theman900
    theman900 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    At a 600-700 deficit for 2months i eat a tonn of greens everyday literally lol never hungry cabbage and broccolli my favorite
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I try to fit in at least one or two servings of whole grain food in to my day, be it a 100% whole wheat wrap, or pasta. They're a great source of fiber. Legumes are another good source, and any fresh fruits and vegetables will have at least a bit - berries are a good source compared to some other fruits. I also will have a tsp of psyllium fiber with a glass of water if my fiber is low that day.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Carbs make you hungry. Go ketogenic.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am fullest when I add a little protein to my fiber. Like chicken WITH a big salad, or egg WITH a bran muffin, or Greek yogurt WITH some steel cut oats. I think satiety is highly individual. A tablespoon of peanuts WITH a big bowl of air popped popcorn works wonders too.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/insoluble-soluble-fiber

You aren't going to get fiber without a little carbs, too. Unless you stir Metamucil in to your protein shake.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If you want to get the most amount of fiber for the least amount of calories, here's a table I made that shows you the "champion foods".
    They are ranked by the number of grams of fiber per 100kcal of that specific food:

ffynlbcqn1hf.jpg
    lcyopfn3r7ys.jpg
    cbfl51wv85xm.jpg