Keep having to restart. Don't wanna restart again help

Options
2»

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to keep restarting, then stop quitting.

If you have a day where you go over your calories, don't say, "Oh, well. I was "bad" today. Might as well eat what I want for the rest of the week and start fresh next week." Just keep getting back on track immediately after a slip.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Maybe that is a plan that works for you.? Taking weeks where you eat at maintenance and weeks where you eat at a deficit. If you don't mind losing just a pound or two a month it could be a path to success for you. Many successful maintainers talk about being able to start themselves again and going back into eating at a deficit on a regular basis to control times when they might indulge.
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    A specific plan of action is definitely needed if you're committed. Especially when it comes to weekends where most people blow their hard earned work during the week. If I see anywhere that anyone could be more consistent with weight loss and reaching a goal, it's not by succumbing to weekend demises.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    I did the same thing for a decade or so. One thing that finally made a tremendous difference for me, was I quit trying so dang hard to lose weight. I took it slower. When I tried to do it fast, I was miserable. And I couldn't wait for my 'diet' to be over. And as soon as it was, I'd end up getting to work on gaining it all back because I had felt so deprived for so long.

It finally clicked for me, and I started making smaller changes I could live with. I didn't give up desserts or snacks, I just kept them within my very reasonable calorie goal. I've been on the wagon for 20 months, and I feel like I can do this forever.

This is good advice. Maybe you've quit in the past because your deficit is just too large to maintain over time.

Also, the poster above makes a good point about taking maintenance breaks. I'm a big fan of them. I lose slowly, but I lose steadily. There is something to that tortoise and the hare story after all.

Good luck finding the right balance for you this time. :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    A restart means that for some reason you stopped. Look at those reasons and work out how to deal with them or you will have the same result. Just restarting and hoping for the best would seem to be highly ineffective.
    Look to yourself rather than other people.
    Knowing what you need to do, planning and being prepared is a start and then you need to commit. Without the commitment that you will do what it takes, then you arent going anywhere fast.

Look at all the mistakes people make that derail them and avoid.

Dont restart until you are ready.
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree. Commitment means every day, even every meal and exercise, do it even if you don't feel like it!dont think about it, just do it!
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I've been trying to lose weight for so long now. I keep starting and stopping and I'm so sick of it. I'm so sick of myself. Please let's all help each other keep on this track and FINALLY reach our goals. AND STAY THERE.
    The issue here is lack of COMMITMENT. There's desire, want, etc., but that's not the same as commitment. Each successful client I've had had it. Those that failed, didn't. So are you willing to commit to it or just wing it and hope for the best?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png