What has this weight loss cost you?

Options
2»

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I know now, that if I need to lose a couple pounds I have to give up my beer and ice cream at night for a couple weeks, done.

I know I'm jealous of how easy some find it to lose weight, but damn... I had no idea it was THIS easy for some people. I gave up beer and ice cream (and cut back on pizza by about 95%), and that was only the tip of the iceberg to losing weight.

Ok, maybe this is a bit simplified. I know now that if I gain a few pounds, reducing my intake (CICO) for a couple weeks the weight will drop off. Which for me is usually "extras". I don't need to be "extremely" restrictive and skip meals and work out a ton. Simple changes that you don't think about can make the biggest of differences.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I know now, that if I need to lose a couple pounds I have to give up my beer and ice cream at night for a couple weeks, done.

I know I'm jealous of how easy some find it to lose weight, but damn... I had no idea it was THIS easy for some people. I gave up beer and ice cream (and cut back on pizza by about 95%), and that was only the tip of the iceberg to losing weight.

Ok, maybe this is a bit simplified. I know now that if I gain a few pounds, reducing my intake (CICO) for a couple weeks the weight will drop off. Which for me is usually "extras". I don't need to be "extremely" restrictive and skip meals and work out a ton. Simple changes that you don't think about can make the biggest of differences.

Alright, I'm not quite as jealous anymore.... I'm back to the typical level of jealousy that a simple CICO provides immediate and statistically significant results. I have to cut net carbs to less than 20g daily and eat at around 1,000-1,200 kcal daily to see the results you are describing. Even then, I know it is mostly glycogen and water weight. :(