Binge Eating

Options
I'm having trouble sticking to diet plans or calorie counts- basically, I stress-eat. I eat when I'm tired, angry, upset, happy, nervous, excited, content, etc. THERE'S NO STOPPING IT >.< I'm planning on writing up a battle table with BE (binge eating) vs Me. If anyone has any advice, I'd be so grateful. >.<

Replies

• Steve4239
    Steve4239 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i used to be like this. it might just help if you drink more water i drink 1 gallon a day some times more and i feel full most of the time. i also don't have my evening meal till 7 pm
  • AnnaMaeLynn
    AnnaMaeLynn Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I usually prefer my evening meals when it's dark outside- tricks my mind into thinking it's late. I'll drink more water, I already try. Anything else you can think of? Thank you!
  • Nyyanksgal
    Nyyanksgal Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can relate....no willpower here either
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I used to binge eat every single weekend.

How did I stop? I had to address my bad relationship with food. I saw a deficit as punishment and a surplus as a reward. Once I dealt with my issues, I then had to dig deep and find my willpower of steel. It was hard but I found it - 30lbs later, I'm glad I did.

Remember, no food is off limits. Don't deprive yourself - you're a human being. But moderation is the key. Once you suss out the moderation part, you've totally got this. Wishing you the best of luck! :)
  • Onestep211
    Onestep211 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I emptied the pantry of trigger foods and that has helped immensely. Seriously, I would eat an entire bag of Oreo cookies and then hate myself. I have stocked up on sweet or salty foods that Are diet friendly but that aren't so yummy that I want to eat them all. This has actually left me the time to investigate WHY I am wanting to binge at a particular time. It kind of put the brakes on the emotional eating but allowed me the flexibility to have a snack at the same time. Now that I can really investigate what triggers the emotional binges, I hope to be able to beat it altogether. Good luck!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    No single answer, different things for different people but some great input on this thread.

For me, the key has been to start each day new. Set the goal of staying within a calorie goal and making good choices. Be kind to myself if I do slip and overindulge. I'm human.

Also agree that for me, removing temptation from the house is important. I balance that with not denying myself if there's something I'm really craving but working in moderation.

I've found that as time goes on, the frequency of binges diminishes as I come to terms with the upside of healthier choices.