Tips to drink water?

Options

Replies

• Angelike01
    Angelike01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your tips, it was very helpful! I followed many tips and am now drinking water so easily :) you rock!
  • kickstandup
    kickstandup Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a great MFP friend that I refer to as the water nazi. I will introduce you to her if you need it! (-:
  • Angelike01
    Angelike01 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a great MFP friend that I refer to as the water nazi. I will introduce you to her if you need it! (-:

Please do!! :)
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Buy some crystal light or mio. Yea, artificial stuff isn't "the best", but it helps me drink 2 gallons a day
  • Chasity6
    Chasity6 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle with infusion basket. I just pop in some fresh or frozen fruit or a tea bag. I like that it adds a mild flavor so not just plain water. I have also found I don't mind plain water if I use Britta filter pitcher first.
  • yash505
    yash505 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have a problem drinking water too, drink tea does that count
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its really not that necessary to drink the high amount we are led to believe, everything we eat has a certain amount of water in it anyway, and if you drink tea etc that counts towards it. Our bodies tell us naturally if we're thirsty and thats when intuition kicks in.
    I will say though that just having a glass of water beside you will help you as you'll sip it without thinking. One of the benefits of drinking more water is having better skin.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    ps you will get used to drinking it if you persevere - and the having to go to loo more often will subside.
  • yash505
    yash505 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i can only drink water when i am playing sports, but i do have lots of fruits and they do contain water
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    yash505 wrote: »

I have found that teas such as black tea leave me dehydrated. But green and herbal teas I am sure are fine.
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Suck on cinnamon candy or chew cinnamon gum, the spice will make you thirsty. Its what I do.
  • CutsandCurves
    CutsandCurves Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I carry a gallon with me everyday. Adding pure cranberry juice helps with the flavor and is good antioxidant. Start with a liter a day and build yourself up. Try not to think about dreading it and just do it. Yes you should be going to the bathroom every thirty minutes or more. Helps rid your body of a lot a junk and you'll feel better. Good luck.
  • lmsaa
    lmsaa Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It is a fallacy that you need a certain amount of water (8 glasses and whatnot), or that you HAVE to drink water to be hydrated. The best test is the pee test. Have a look at this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10244113/no-you-do-not-have-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day

By far, the water you need is taken in through water in food, so drink when you're thirsty, drink what you like, and don't fret about not drinking enough by other peoples intakes.

Absolutely correct. However, I don't care for plain water, either, and have forced myself to drink more to substitute for soda and caffeinated drinks. I find the water more palatable with lemon, lime, or orange slices in it. I also at times like carbonated water (I buy Pellegrino) and drink it from a wine glass while everyone else is drinking wine. My sister fills a large jug with spigot with water and adds cut up fruit, lets it stand a while, then puts in ice to chill it; it makes a large amount, but her whole family drinks it.

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Don't focus so much on the amount, but your urine output. If your urine is clear/straw colored then you are usually well hydrated barring any medical condition. 8 cups is a decent benchmark, but learn to drink to your thirst. The 8x8oz accounts for all water intake, so food, other beverages, everything is incorporated into this.

Personally I just feel off without drinking a lot of water, but I'm pretty active. I stage water bottles throughout - have one on the nightstand, one in the car, one at the office, etc. Drink 16oz when I first wake up and 16 oz ~30mins prior to meals and 16oz after each workout.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

I have found that teas such as black tea leave me dehydrated. But green and herbal teas I am sure are fine.

All tea is fine to count as water. It doesn't dehydrate you; there isn't enough caffeine. The only fluid (drinkable ones, anyway) that cannot be counted as water, and DO dehydrate, is alcohol.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options

All tea is fine to count as water. It doesn't dehydrate you; there isn't enough caffeine. The only fluid (drinkable ones, anyway) that cannot be counted as water, and DO dehydrate, is alcohol.

I was sharing my opinion on how they make me personally feel.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Water is super-boring and no good for sipping, IMO. But I drink tons of it daily. Right after every pee-break, I go to the kitchen and chug a glass of it. Boom, water requirements covered so I don't dry up into a husk and crumble to my doom. Then I'm free to sip on something more interesting if I want.
  • A_New_Creation
    A_New_Creation Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I make sure to down 2 cups upon waking to replenish after many hours without water. After that, I space out the rest of my water throughout the day.
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I add hi-c flavoring. No sugar high vitamin c and only 10 calories per serving