I Feel Like Porky Pig Today

Options
triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
Did you ever have one of those days where every time you start to type a message to someone you get to one word and it doesn't look right so you retype it, but it still doesn't look right so you type it again, it still doesn't look right so you go to spell check and spell check looks at it and replies with answers that would make your cell phone's auto correct blush, so you finally rewrite the entire message just to avoid that one word?

(You thought I was going to complain about over eating didn't you?)

Seriously though, can anyone recommend a memory enhancer that actually works?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Constantly. It doesn't help that my computer is Canadian so it puts the damned squiggly red line under "flavor" or "color" which I know are spelled correctly, but no, I have to use flavour or colour to avoid the angry red squiggle.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I did think you were going to talk about over eating - andi was just going to ssend you your own profile pics to prove you wrong!!
    As for memory enhancers ... can't really remember any .....

(Actually, not sure whether those Lumosity games help overthe long term)
  • triciab79
    Options
    Ah the angry red squiggle of doom! I know what you mean. I have AOL (yes it still exists) and its email system has a bad habit of red squiggling half a word so I will type something like Sure, Mom, I can bring the sweet potato pie and it will just red squiggle the tato at the end of potato. What good it that? By the end of the message there is more red that a B horror film and almost none of it is actually spelled wrong. Its like it is playing a shell game with my actual spelling errors.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    A good night sleep, coffee, and stress reduction work wonders for me.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Heck, with six boy brain-vampires, it's a wonder you can remember your name.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    We're going to a 40th birthday party tonight for a friend (the first of us to turn 40). I texted my husband to see what we should bring tonight for a gift, except I made a typo and got an autocorrect that looked like this: "what should we bring ugly tonight?" :drinker:
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one that would re\write something because one word looked weird.
  • triciab79
    Options
    We're going to a 40th birthday party tonight for a friend (the first of us to turn 40). I texted my husband to see what we should bring tonight for a gift, except I made a typo and got an autocorrect that looked like this: "what should we bring ugly tonight?" :drinker:

Tell Ugly Happy Birthday for me! Lol!