No loss for 10 days. Is this normal?

Options
I've been on MFP (again) for about 6 weeks and am stuck. I lost 4 lbs quickly (water, I know) and then 3 more in a couple of weeks and now I'm at the exact same weight for almost 2 weeks. I'm 5'5", currently 170-ish, I do short cardio and weight training 6 days a week, drink at least 9 cups of water a day and eat between 1100 and 1400 kcal a day, but try to stay right around 1200.

Any tips for starting this back up again? Thanks!

And a hearty BIG THANKS in advance for being generous and kind to each other.

Replies

• himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi. Water weight tends to come off quickly in the beginning. Are you measuring/weighing everything? Are you counting everything that passes your lips? What cal goal did MFP give you? Don't drop below 1200 cal for the day....you may even want to try upping your cals a little. Switch up the exercise routine also...try some cross-training. Good luck.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am weighing/measuring and writing everything down. Today I just feel like a fat magnet. I'm going to up my weights and try to add an evening walk and a bit more water.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories. You're going to drain yourself so low that you'll be tired and fatigued. You're probably experiencing a common thing where the muscles temporarily retain water , any day now you'll see a drop in the weight. If you're weight lifting / strength training you really can do it 3x a week instead of 6. Give your muscles the recovery time they need. But again, not enough calories.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not steady day by day or week by week. Follow the tips above to be sure u r tracking accurately, but don't stress over 10 days. I can go that long fluctuating, then suddenly will show 2-3 pounds lost. The body is a weird thing!
  • NatalieVintagious
    Options
    I have the same thing happening to me. No weight loss really apart from 2 lbs from when I first started. I too have been keeping to 1200 and exercising a lot so am a little dumbfounded really. I know muscle is heavier than fat but gaining muscle isn't a quick thing. Also I look barely different. Very frustrating considering the effort. We must keep going though. Chins up and all that. This is the right path, it will work in the end!