Weight lifting and weight loss.

Options
2»

Replies

• MGarcia0504
    MGarcia0504 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    To the OP, don't get discourage by the scale. It's only one way of measuring data. See how your clothes fit. (I regret buying dresses in a larger size from last season) IMO, compliments is more encouraging than the scale.

Keep up the good work and good luck with your lifts!

Thanks!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You ARE losing weight.....fat! :)
  • tank1539
    tank1539 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    To end the muscle/fat weight argument. We all know 1lb equals 1lb and that 1 of fat is larger then 1 of muscle but the problem with people using it for a reason the scale won't move is a completely wrong reason. If you were in a caloric surplus and taking in 2g of protein per lb of mass and training very hard you could only put on about 1/4 lb of muscle a week. On the other hand you can loose 2lb a week of fat (safely) in a deficit which would also almost stop muscle growth. In the end senecarr is most likely correct for why the scale isn't moving right now.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    tank1539 wrote: »
    To end the muscle/fat weight argument. We all know 1lb equals 1lb and that 1 of fat is larger then 1 of muscle but the problem with people using it for a reason the scale won't move is a completely wrong reason. If you were in a caloric surplus and taking in 2g of protein per lb of mass and training very hard you could only put on about 1/4 lb of muscle a week. On the other hand you can loose 2lb a week of fat (safely) in a deficit which would also almost stop muscle growth. In the end senecarr is most likely correct for why the scale isn't moving right now.
    I like the cut of your jib good sir.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    weight are great and maybe throw in some hiit class, You will see more of a weight loss. Your intake is low and I'm surprised your lifting at such a low calorie intake. Don't let the scale discorage you. When I was loosing my clothes told me the weight was coming off even the the scale said something else. Good Luck.