Fage Greek Yoghurt

Options
2»

Replies

• lmlilly
    lmlilly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tried eating it plain for the protein for a while. Blech! I switched to full fat cottage cheese. But I don't like honey or other sweeteners.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I go through a tub or two of Fage 2% every week -- I'm totally addicted. For dinner I often mix it half and half with a microwaved package of chopped spinach plus seasonings for a quick and yummy "creamed spinach" side, or add it to new potatoes and/or cauliflower as a sub for butter in a tasty mash. But whatever else I do, I almost always finish dinner with a big dollop of yogurt over whatever berries are handy, sprinkled with a tsp of sugar.
  • Jsantos5367
    Jsantos5367 Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I threw frozen peaches (that were a bit thawed) in my ninja with a cup of 0%. It was pretty good. Probably would have been even better with a drop of honey! :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I switched to 2% a couple weeks ago and honestly couldn't tell the difference, so I switched back to 0%. is it just me?
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is my best friend (I'm guilty of having about 300g each day).

I really like adding peanut butter to plain Greek yogurt, a few grams of chocolate syrup, or pumpkin pie filling. I've also had success with using Greek yogurt as a binder for foods like pancakes and waffles or to up the protein in oatmeal. Next, I really want to try mixing it with some fatty salad dressing (probably ranch or Caesar) and using it as a thicker skillet sauce for chicken.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are doing it ALL WRONG. LOL. I'm kidding...but seriously....add in a few more calories and get the full fat Fage. I know my fats are usually low and it fills me UP. Not to mention it tastes like cheesecake. I have vanilla stevia drops that I got at Whole Foods. Mix a couple of drops in....vanilla cheesecake. 190 calories. DELICIOUS.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Honey and walnuts or strawberries and maple syrup are my favourite combinations
    Also works great with a bit of salt and mint, to eat with grilled meat, chicken etc
    I've never thought to use it as savoury, I'll have to try that. Thanks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Honey and walnuts or strawberries and maple syrup are my favourite combinations
    Also works great with a bit of salt and mint, to eat with grilled meat, chicken etc
    I've never thought to use it as savoury, I'll have to try that. Thanks.

You can make tzatziki with it. So good.

I also use it mixed with Dijon mustard with my potatoes or fish. Love it.