impatiently losing body fat..

looking for advise, tips on decreasing my body fat.
I've been on MFP for 7 weeks and lost 8 lbs doing low calorie as well as low carb in the first 4 weeks and now am trying to maintain my weight but decrease body fat and continue to build muscle. I've slightly increased my calories once I reached my goal weight but not quite eating up to maintenance. Currently I'm working on macros (40p/30c/30f) and a slight deficit. My workout schedule is 3 days weight training (~40-60 min) and 2 days TRX Circuit training (60 min) with a few other things thrown in there.
My stats:
40 yo
5'5"
121lbs
Waist 27 1/2in
Hips 37
BMI 120
BF 24%
It's possible I'm headed in the right direction but just impatient. I read everything I can but there is so much conflicting advice. Just hoping someone will offer something that clicks. Thanks!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Seems like you are on the right track... Just keep in mind recomp (gaining muscle/losing fat eating maintenance) is a very slow process, and can takes months or longer, depending on your goals.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I think your plan sounds on point...give it time!!! It took 6 months to get rid of a couple % body fat when I was recomping. It's a much more pleasant process but it is extremely slow.
  • Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Slow and steady...got it :) thanks for the comments.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yes, i echo what everyone else has said - a recomp is the way to go.
    If that's you in your profile pic...you look great!
  • Tamlyngo
    Yes, i echo what everyone else has said - a recomp is the way to go.
    If that's you in your profile pic...you look great!

Thanks! :)
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Looks like you are doing everything correct. Just be patient, recomps can take quite a bit of time but just keeping working towards your goal.
  • Tamlyngo
    Looks like you are doing everything correct. Just be patient, recomps can take quite a bit of time but just keeping working towards your goal.

Thanks! Working on patience now :)