Poor weekend choices and weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    memccoart wrote: »
    The past 3 weeks have been successful but I know if I continue to eat poorly on the weekends eventually it will catch up with me and the weight I lose during the week will be regained. I ask for help because in the past this is what has happened. Thank you all for such great advice! I will take these all in consideration:)

It might not catch up with you actually. I've been maintaining for over a year. I just keep a deficit during the week so it's not a big deal if I go a bit over on the week end... but the key here is 'a bit over'. You have to take responsibility too and not go crazy on the week end either. What I don't understand is why you restrict your 'favorite foods' to the week end. I have my favorite foods all week. The key is moderation and portion control.

Your problem is that you restrict yourself too much during the week, so when the food you crave is available during the week end, you go nuts... I try to make every meal as satisfying as possible, plan my meals around food I really feel like eating, that way I'm in control, enjoying my meals, and don't end up binging because I'm forcing down food I don't care for all the time or starving myself...
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I wish my poor weekend choices only led to weight gain.

Haha!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    memccoart wrote: »
    I have no problem packing a healthy lunch to take to work and for dinner during the week. I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for 3 weeks and have lost 12lbs. Its losing control on the weekends that I have always struggled with everytime I try to lose weight. Is there a secret to be able to enjoy some of those favorite foods on the weekend without feeling out of control? Any ideas to help me and others with the same problem be able to still lose a little weight over the weekend and enjoy a good meal with friends?
    Eat some of them during the week. Weekends also need to be consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • brokensia
    brokensia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nanoo2013 wrote: »
    Pre-logging helps! That way you're completely in control.

I never thought about pre-logging. That sounds like an excellent practice especially on the weekends. It takes the binge right out of the equation.