Lose control at night!

Options
2»

Replies

• ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yea! I am the same exact way and weekends are even more difficult! I have learned some tricks that occasionally work for me. After dinner, I totally shut the kitchen down and turn out the lights. I brush my teeth right after eating because I never want to eat after having that minty taste in my mouth. I also try to keep busy. I'll go for a walk or go right to bed. I do my best but it doesn't always work for me :( hope this helps a little!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about something else.

Bom chicka wah wah....
  • kete05
    kete05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I get tired my body sends me hunger signals... They aren't actually hunger signals... It me being tired and my body is looking for a form of energy (food)

Interesting. Wonder if that could be it. I am going to do my best to get more sleep at night (only get about 6 hours). Not a huge fan of gum but peppermints or hard candy might be a good choice. A friend suggested frozen grapes. I am sure it is partly related to boredom since it is usually the first time I get to sit and relax.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and tips. Hopefully one of them works for me!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I save dry popcorn for my nightly snack , if I want it. A lot of nights I wind up eating it just to get my fiber count up (I refuse to use supplements). The monotony has more or less killed my desire to snack at night.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    By all means, continue the night time snacks if it makes you happy to do so but try and include them in your daily allowance. You could have a smaller lunch or a smaller dinner which would make room for your snacking in the evening's. I think this is probably the best way to go about it right now :)

I could say "Just stop snacking" but that may not be realistic for you and if you LIKE sitting in front of the TV in the evenings with a yummy snack, you shouldn't necessarily stop doing that! Moderation is key!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Control is the issue. If you're holding on that tightly, you'll always have to let go. There is no way to "just" stop this. You'll need to put some time into changing your approach to eating, your attitude of dieting and your relationship to food.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about something else.

Bom chicka wah wah....

Bladder issues? :p
  • jazzielicious
    jazzielicious Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do this too, I feel physically sick after binging tonight. Have picked up some good tips here though that I'll try.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I, too, have night time binges (did last night...blah!) but thank you to everyone for the tips, I've found them very useful! Just to mention, if you are logging everything in your binge, and you're here the next day, that's a good sign! I'm telling myself "yes, you went over your calories and binged, but you picked yourself up and are learning that today is a new day" and that, in and of itself, is a change for me! Usually I would just throw in the towel and not log anything!
    I really like the idea of saving some calories just for unexpected night time snacks
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I, too, have night time binges (did last night...blah!) but thank you to everyone for the tips, I've found them very useful! Just to mention, if you are logging everything in your binge, and you're here the next day, that's a good sign! I'm telling myself "yes, you went over your calories and binged, but you picked yourself up and are learning that today is a new day" and that, in and of itself, is a change for me! Usually I would just throw in the towel and not log anything!
    I really like the idea of saving some calories just for unexpected night time snacks

I don't call it "binge" - but overeating? Yep. Last night we had popcorn during the movie, taking me to 22 calories under goal for the day. But then somebody just HAD to bring down a pristine bag of potato chips. Aaaaand I was over by 458 calories when all was said & done. I ate, I own, I log.

And today is a new day.