Losing but...

Options
So last week I made it to my original goal weight of 155 weighing in at 152.6. Then I decided I still wanted to lose more weight but I've heard that to make weight loss sustainable you have to slowly bring your rate of loss up to maintenance so I took it from 2lbs loss per week to 1 pound loss per week. Although I'm happy I lost weight I don't c how I lost 3 pounds (I weighed in at 149.6 this am)especially because I lost 7 pounds the week before that and I went over my calories twice this week. (I'm 5'7" and 18)my question is should I lower my rate of loss to half a pound? (I've been at this since January and have lost like 97 lbs) And did I really lose 3 pounds this week or is my scale really inaccurate?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if youve been doing this awhile, you should know weight loss fluctuates (for any number of reasons).

I havent lost any weight in a week and a half, but if history is any indication, next friday when i get on the scale, I'll probably have a pretty big loss ;)

if you feel you are losing too fast (i would watch it for a couple of weeks first), and are confident in your logging, reduce your rate of loss to .5/week