100% TRADER JOE vegetarian "taco"

Options
mandeenicoleb
mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
Okay so I just threw this together and LOVED it.

If you are an avid Trader Joe's customer like me, getting this stuff will be no problem.

Obviously you can do a variation with ingredients from other places, but I found this combination truly yummy.

Shopping List
Pizza Veggie Burgers (130 cals per patty)
Whole Wheat Low Carb tortilla (45 calories per)
Kale (depending how much you use will probably be about 2-5 cals)
Grape tomatoes (2.5 cals each)
Reduced Guilt Chunky Guac (15 cals per tbs)

So I pan fried the veggie burgers.

The wraps are small so I used 1/3 of the burger for one wrap (when I get hungry I make another but I usually do several small meals)

1)Pan fry (or microwave for 2 minutes) the Pizza veggie burgers, or until it's done the way you like.
2)use a fork to break apart the patty like ground beef.
3) Take a wrap and lay it flat. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of Guac and spead on wrap.
4) spread 1/3 of the ground patty on wrap
5) Slice up two-3 grape tomatoes and add.
6)add kale, role up and enjoy!

This is quick, easy, and just involves throwing some things you might already have from TJ's together.

I really enjoyed it and it comes to about 118 calories a "taco" or wrap!

Feel free to share your own TJ creations!

Replies

• Charleyhasim
    Charleyhasim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try this next week, will need to find some alternatives from here!
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Awesome! Hope you like it :)
  • MzReed0309
    MzReed0309 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds delish! I really love mexican food, and it is something I find I miss often. I was at Trader Joe's yday, and picked up a few goodies. But, what are your other favs?

I tried their brown rice sushi, and was pleasantly surprised.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I love the sushi! I can go on and on about my TJ favorites :) like flattened bananas paired with chunky PB or Almond Butter, chicken pesto wrap, oh and today I am eating the wine country chicken salad.