Fit-body Clothing Recommendations?

Options
Hi all!

So, for the first time in my life I have what people would call an "athletic" body. Other times that I've been slim, I was just doing cardio, so I've never had a lot of muscle tone (except in my legs.) I'm used to dressing for an hourglass, so it involves completely different principles. I've been doing pole fitness, pilates, and bootcamp, so my primarily toned areas are shoulders/chest/back/stomach/butt, but there's tone throughout. What sort of clothing is good for showing off that hard work?

Replies

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you! It feels and looks amazing to have an athletic body.

I was used to being pretty pear-shaped, with much more of a bust, and I have changed my style some since I have gotten more fit. Some of my observations-

I have noticed that sleeveless tops that are kind of square do NOT flatter me anymore. Racer backs and halters look awesome. Floaty or drapey clothes or untucked blouses make me look really boxy. I can suddenly wear slim pants and tuck in a blouse (no muffin top!) and it looks really sleek and nice. I've always wanted to do that! I've started belting my dresses and tops as well.

I had a few dresses that really relied on curves and they look kind of stupid on me now. BUT I never in the past could wear little mini-dresses without looking inappropriate. Embrace the minis and short-shorts! I cna pull off the no-bra low-cut tops now too, which is fun.

With pants, I used to wear mid-rise to cover the belly pooch, but now that height makes it look like I have no waist. I can wear really high waist, or really low waist now. I can ROCK the menswear look- Slim tight cropped pants, oxfords, and just a vest for a top! It looked cheesey with curves, but looks bad-*kitten* now.

Enjoy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!