Hungry

Options
i am so strarving hungry today, had soup for lunch.( 2 servings) and I did not feel like I had anything. Wonder why soup is so not filling for me ?ROLL on dinner time

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @Uzes1 welcome to MFP forum.

For some reason as I aged carbs tasted very good but after a few hours I was hungry again. I found eating more protein helped a bit but it was eating high fat foods that kept me feeling full/not hungry the longest. In the long run bumping up fat macro higher and higher enabled me to stay full and still lose weight. Since we are all different that may not work for you. Google about eating more fats to loose more weight and read some research on the subject. It mentally was hard for me being programmed fats were bad for humans. :)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what kind of soup. Clear broth isn't going to keep you feeling full very long.

But a nice hearty vegetable barley? Fish chowders? Broccoli cheese? Plain old clean-out-the-fridge soup? Very filling.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Yes - carbs make and keep you hungry for more carbs. Read an excellent book "The Rosedale Diet", and
    you'll understand how this works! :)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am on high carbs....
    I am never hungry at all

Its about finding a good balance for yourself

95069916.png