New Here--does this work?

Options
2»

Replies

• Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well I am 55 and have lost 110lbs so far. It works here, this site is awesome. Good luck on your weight loss journey
  • SalubriciousGirl
    SalubriciousGirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well I am 55 and have lost 110lbs so far. It works here, this site is awesome. Good luck on your weight loss journey

What a fabulous result! Congratulations! My hill to climb is not so steep. I'm already enjoying the site/app...it's like my conscience bugging me about what I put in my face! (Or how many drinks I have.) ;)
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    I am on the downslope of my roller coaster ride. I started at over 500 lbs. I dropped down to 230 over the course of 2 years of calorie counting. Then my job changed and I was poor as hell so the free food they gave me that was terrible for me did its number on me. (I stopped calorie counting during this time) I jumped all the way back up to 360. I now have a better job and am 38 days into calorie counting. I am 19 lbs down now.

So yes it works, which is why I am back to it full speed ahead.

Side note: The goal calories they give you are averages. If you find the number they gave you is not working for you. Change it, play with it. See what works for you.
  • bvander1
    bvander1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It really does work. My husband and I started using MFP in February 2014. He lost 50 lbs and I lost 45. The problem is I had a hard time staying in maintenance because I went back to the couch instead of treadmill and stopped tracking on MFP. I also stopped wearing my Fitbit. Since May of this year I gained back 15 lbs and thankfully got a wake up call when I realized I may have to buy bigger clothes again. I have been back at it since Aug 29 I think and am down about 3 lbs. I'm determined not to have to buy bigger clothes and get back to where I was. You can still do most of what you did before just track it. This time I've used the community to help me through and it is awesome to meet new friends and encourage each other. Feel free to add me if you like. All the best in your journey.