Am I alone?

I'm losing weight, 38lbs so far, and I feel gross. My skin is starting to sag and I'm really feeling unattractive. I would have thought it would be the opposite, lose weight and feel better about myself.....am I weird?

Replies

• hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Nope. You are a completely normal human being. It gets better, and then worse again, then better again. I've lost over 70lbs so far. My stomach felt 'empty' to touch for a while. ..like when it did straight after having my children. It then began to firm up. Now it's looking rather wrinkly and saggy.

My friend who had lost over 140lbs said it took a further year to 'feel normal' again.

However, there is always a chance you won't have that perfect 6pack stomach, but we can learn to love the progress we have made and understand that we are doing this to get a better chance of living a healthier and longer life.

Don't give up. Keep working on it. You will learn to love yourself again. X

Good luck. X
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Totally normal. Lift sooner than later.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Also up the water, this helps you feel better to, but dont give up
  • shelby5711
    shelby5711 Posts: 45 Member
    No, you're not alone. I've been there. That's why lifting some weights is really important when losing fat.
    I know it seems like a lot to add that in to your already no doubt very busy schedule....but you will be so so glad you did. I ended up having a tummy tuck 11 years after I was done having kids (I have 4 kids and the last two were C-section so that really really really made my tummy so saggy) it was expensive but it was really the "best money "I've ever spent on myself . Skin takes a little while to firm up and the older I get the more I see that.
  • kidrow21
    kidrow21 Posts: 67 Member
    No you are not!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Are you exercising? Lifting weights?
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    You're definitely not alone! Sorry to say, but buckle up! It will probably get worse before it gets better. Exercising and lifting weights helps a lot!
  • jrevis001
    jrevis001 Posts: 505 Member
    Nope you're not. I've lost 32 so far. I feel that empty feeling in my stomach after having a child @hollyberry061082 mentioned. I just feel gross right now because I'm still round. My face has not thinned out as much as I would like for it to by now. I know the skin sag will be hard on me as well. I try to keep in mind that the fat I'm losing will be better for my heart and etc. I also think about things I cannot do now that I will be able to do in a year like ride roller coasters again and ride a horse!