Database question

Options
If someone else edits a food after I log it, does it change the entry for the next time I log it? IE, if something has 17 grams of fiber but someone edits it to 13, am I going to be logging the unedited version or the new version?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Quest bars huh? I scan the labels.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    Quest bars huh? I scan the labels.

That doesn't always work FYI. It can bring up an entirely different product. Also, IDK if they changed their UPC info.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Quest changed their formula. There is a thread for it. The old bars have 17g of fiber. Some of the new ones have 13. I search and enter the one that matches the label. I saw that cookie and cream bar has different grams of fat on label than some of the ones in the database. The correct one is there, you just have to search for it.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I got concerned about choosing entries from the database and then having them edited later without my knowledge. Now I just enter my own foods and don't share them with the database.

That way:
    1. I know they are accurate.
    2. I can customize the names of the foods.
    3. No one else can edit the values. I can easily find and edit them if the manufacturer changes the information.
    4. I can delete them from my My Foods if I wish.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I dont think so
    When that would happen it would be highly troll sensitive

I could take a normal coffee bread or any other often use entry change it to 1000000 calories and mess with every bodies dairy.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    But yes what i do is make my own check them at the usda site
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    I got concerned about choosing entries from the database and then having them edited later without my knowledge. Now I just enter my own foods and don't share them with the database.

That way:
    1. I know they are accurate.
    2. I can customize the names of the foods.
    3. No one else can edit the values. I can easily find and edit them if the manufacturer changes the information.
    4. I can delete them from my My Foods if I wish.

I think I'm going to start doing this. I've always shared new entries with the database. Thanks.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    If someone else edits a food after I log it, does it change the entry for the next time I log it? IE, if something has 17 grams of fiber but someone edits it to 13, am I going to be logging the unedited version or the new version?
    Yes, if the next time you log the item by doing either a text search or a barcode scan to find the new edited item and log it from the Food Database, the new values will be added to your Food Diary.
    Anything that is already logged in your Food Diary will not change, and you can use your Recent list to find and log the old version with the previous values.
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Yes, if the next time you log the item by doing either a text search or a barcode scan to find the new edited item and log it from the Food Database, the new values will be added to your Food Diary.
    Anything that is already logged in your Food Diary will not change, and you can use your Recent list to find and log the old version with the previous values.

Thanks, that's what I suspected. Much appreciated!