baby shower food

Options
I'm going to a baby shower today and I'm concerned about what they will offer to eat because I'm sure whatever it is it can't be 100% healthy, any suggestions?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be 100% healthy, and why, and what does that even mean? Just log what you eat.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the baby shower. One day won't kill your progress. Get back to it tomorrow. :)
  • mstark87
    mstark87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One tip I heard for parties was to take one tiny snack plate, fill it with whatever but then you're done. So you can enjoy, but you limit total quantity :-)
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    There will always be events and situations that are out of your control. I either eat smartly and then accommodate for the extra cals for the party or just wing it and make up for it rest of the week or by exercising a bit more. Life happens
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    If you can, save extra calories for this event. Take your Time deciding what to eat if it is buffet style. If it's a sit down meal, there's usually some type of salad or veggie and a protein. Be honest with yourself about your portions. If you don't have a lot of calories for a splurge then you can't have the salad, entree, bread, wine and dessert. Pick and chose.