What size will i be i have no idea if you are 5,2 read this.

Options
2»

Replies

• Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm about 165lbs and wear size UK 10/12 for tops, and UK 12 (pushing 14 - eek!) for trousers. My goal weight is around 125lbs. When I was at my lightest weight of 130lbs, I was around a size UK 8/10 for tops and UK 10 for trousers. Really trying to get back to this dress size!
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    When I was 160's I wear 10 to 8 in jeans and m/l. Im a hourglass shape. So now at 136 I'm size 4 and small shirt
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ^ US sizes? I don't understand why I'm 121 and still in a 8/10. I must have massive amounts of fat still. Measurements are 27.5 waist, 37.5 hips. When I was 160 I was probably a 16.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sorry yes US size...
    jodybo2 wrote: »
    ^ US sizes? I don't understand why I'm 121 and still in a 8/10. I must have massive amounts of fat still. Measurements are 27.5 waist, 37.5 hips. When I was 160 I was probably a 16.

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on more factors than just how tall you are and how much you weigh.

It depends on if you're packing more muscle or more fat. It depends on your body shape. It also depends on the brand of clothing.

I'm 5'3" and right now at about 171, wearing a US size 12 jeans. I also have size 10 shorts and dress pants that I wear.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body and muscle mass. I'm 175 a size 12 pants and have to buy a small or extra small in shirts (I'm a curvy pear shape now)
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    It's really amazing to me how much variation there is!

I'm 5'2" and my max weight was 158, at which point I was a US size 12 bottoms and a size 8ish tops (I usually run smaller on top, unfortunately, at least at my higher weights). When I was 122 lbs, I was a US size 2 bottoms and extra small tops. This time around (yes, I'm a yo-yo'er....ugh....last time, I swear!), I'm currently 139 pounds and a loose size 8 bottoms with small tops. I find that my size range tends to go: 152+ lbs = US 12; 145-152=size 10; 137-145=size 8; 130-137=size 6; 125-130=size 4; 121-125=size 2 (I dipped under 122 off and on and found the 2's getting loose at that point). The # of pounds between sizes tends to get a little smaller the smaller you get.

This is pretty consistent with the previous times I've lost weight, even though this is the first time I'm doing weight lifting. I agree with the posters that say it will really have more to do with your genetics, fat distribution and fat %. Good luck!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    If you have higher body fat, your measurements will be greater at the same weight
    compared to someone who has higher % muscle and lower body fat.

As long as you're in the healthy BMI range, don't worry too much. For your stated height, that's 105 - 130.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf

While you're losing weight, keep up on the weightlifting to preserve muscle. You're unlikely to gain any, but you
    can keep what you already have. It's easier to keep than to get it back.

And I am struggling mightily not to violate the first half of the last sentence of community guideline 1a.

Also, just for clarification, the weight range quoted here is a bit lower than typical. Here is the BMI chart on the NIH website: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmi_tbl.htm

A healthy BMI is considered between 18.5-24.9, per the CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/).

According to these sources, a healthy weight for someone 5'2" is just under 104 lbs (BMI=19) to just under 136 lbs (BMI=26).
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much i have much more of an idea of what sizes i will wear now than before iv never even been in a size 10 or 12 bottoms or even a size large shirt iv always been stuck in 2x 3x shirt and i don't even know what size of bottoms so I'm excited about this ;D
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    I am 5'3.5" and I was wearing a 14 pants and M/L shirts at 160. Since you're a bit shorter, I'm going to guess about size 16 pants and L/XL shirts.

Also, check this site out. You can set a filter to see images of certain weight/height/pant size. http://www.mybodygallery.com

^I second this. I'm just past 160 into the upper 150s and 14s are just now starting to get kind of loose on me. I was in 16s at 170/175, and now they're completely falling off of me. I'm 5'3" and my current measurements are 36 (bust), 31 (waist), and 40.5 (upper hips, around lower abdomen). I'm also a pear-shaped person with a big booty (even when I'm skinny!), so if you're more of an apple or inverted triangle, you may find yourself in a much smaller size. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!