Can you tell me how many calories are in this? Help

Options
karyabc
karyabc Posts: 830 Member
edited September 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi mfp :)

Tonight for dinner I did cauliflower mash no problem there, but I did it with not with the usual chicken breast but with cooked chicken thigh/drumstick (skinless)and I'm having trouble to find the accurate calories, basically what I have found is an average of 125-131 cals per 1 oz, I ate 3.85 oz= 504 cals? Does that sound correct ?

Holly $h!Z didn't expect to be that much :D , anyway thanks in advance

Kary.

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i've always used boneless skinless chicken thigh kroger 4 oz is 135 calorie
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    504 is really high. They are slightly higher in calories and fat than white meat but not that much.
    Is your 3.85 ounces the cooked weight? Is that just the meat or bone included?
  • karyabc
    Options
    504 is really high. They are slightly higher in calories and fat than white meat but not that much.
    Is your 3.85 ounces the cooked weight? Is that just the meat or bone included?

Hi! Yes , is the cooked weight of just the meat, no bone.
  • karyabc
    Options

My thigh was cooked, are the calories for that entry too?
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »

My thigh was cooked, are the calories for that entry too?

I would type in "chicken thigh skinless boneless xx" xx being the method you cooked it. Roasted, broiled, etc.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    You can also just use the term "cooked".
  • sashayoung72
    Options
    I believe it is, I weigh after cooking anyway
  • sashayoung72
    Options
    But i looked up another entry on totally separate site and 1 thigh, bonless skinless was 140 (no weight given) so that must be the mix up for yours to have a range, at least you know it's not a big old honking 500 plus!!!!
  • karyabc
    Options
    You can also just use the term "cooked".

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion, I was looking and found some entry from the usda with the term cooked , an average of 70 cals/ oz, I think I'm gonna go with that one , because I seriously do not think that I ate 504 cals of chicken. :o:D
  • karyabc
    Options
    But i looked up another entry on totally separate site and 1 thigh, bonless skinless was 140 (no weight given) so that must be the mix up for yours to have a range, at least you know it's not a big old honking 500 plus!!!!

Hahahahahaa yeah I'm going crazy with so many different entry ! Next time I'm gonna stick with my old chicken breast, this is too confusing -.-
  • sashayoung72
    Options

Hahahahahaa yeah I'm going crazy with so many different entry ! Next time I'm gonna stick with my old chicken breast, this is too confusing -.-
    I eat bbq thighs often, I really like the dark meat so much more! but yes, it can be aggravating trying to log new foods.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

When in doubt go with this site
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/poultry-products/737/2

You will also find these entries are on MFP. Just use the same phrasing and you will find it.
  • karyabc
    Options

When in doubt go with this site
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/poultry-products/737/2

You will also find these entries are on MFP. Just use the same phrasing and you will find it.

Omg you are awesome ! Thank you so much :# , I think that now I even have room for some little dessert
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I searched the database for:
    usda boneless skinless chicken thigh baked

and found:
    Generic-usda - Chicken Thigh - Boneless & Skinless, Cooked

4 oz comes up as 203 calories

When in doubt, throw in "USDA" to your search string and you'll get better results.
  • karyabc
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    I searched the database for:
    usda boneless skinless chicken thigh baked

and found:
    Generic-usda - Chicken Thigh - Boneless & Skinless, Cooked

4 oz comes up as 203 calories

When in doubt, throw in "USDA" to your search string and you'll get better results.

Cool, thanks!, I indeed decided to go with an usda entry, around 200 cals. Sounds way better than 500 cals of chicken.