Quesadillas without cheese, is there such a thing???

Options
13»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think they call that a burrito?
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    SeanLives wrote: »
    I am looking for any ideas or recipes for making quesadillas without cheese.

I know, I know... Saying quesadilla without cheese is like saying peanut butter without peanuts...

Still there must be something out there... Right?

Thanks, you're awesome!

Why don't you just try substituting some vegan cheese instead of the cow's milk variety?
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    SeanLives wrote: »
    I am looking for any ideas or recipes for making quesadillas without cheese.

I know, I know... Saying quesadilla without cheese is like saying peanut butter without peanuts...

Still there must be something out there... Right?

Thanks, you're awesome!

Why don't you just try substituting some vegan cheese instead of the cow's milk variety?

Almond cheese would work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    OH, an idea! One Xtreme Wellness tortilla on the bottom, scrape the filling from a whole pack of Oreos Peeps onto that and top with another Xtreme Wellness tortilla, then you tell me how it tasted.
  • clyn90
    clyn90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Kraft makes a fat free cheddar. 45 calories for a 1/4 cup. That would be just enough cheese to get all the other stuff to stick to it and give it a little cheese flavor. Also just and FYI Kraft also makes a fat free moz. I am not a huge fan of the way it melts on pizza so I will use half of the fat free and half low fat to get a nice texture and still shave some calories.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I dont have a recipe, but when I was vacationing in Maine, a restaurant served a sweet potato and black bean quesadilla, and it was literally the best thing I ever had. No cheese just the beans and sweet potato!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    charen3 wrote: »
    Actually, quesadillas in México don't have cheese. Filled tortilla, folded then fried. Favorites are de papas (potatoes) flor de calabaza (squash blossoms), hongos (mushrooms)

What part of Mexico are you referring too? Everywhere I've been in Mexico it is filled with cheese...usually Oaxaca and often some other kind of filler like you mentioned...but always cheese. Quesadilla literally translates to "little cheesy thing."...cheese (queso) is literally in the name of the food.