How can i increase my height and gain more weight?

Options
Hi,im a girl who got 18 yo for only a couple of weeks now , My current weight is 43kgs and my height is around 5'2(1,58) and 5'3(1.60) my dream height is either 5'6 or 5'7 is this possible ive reached 18yo if yes include the ways (a part from exercising) im kind of lazy and im afraid to loose more pounds ,and if there's a way or a medecine i can eat so i could put on more kgs because i feel like im really underweight and i dont feel healthy at all.
Thanks to everyone who will answer and sorry for the long text :)
Have a good everyone ,xoxo

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You're probably not going to hit 5'6 or 5'7 if you're 18 already.

There are no magic pills or medicines to gain weight.

To be honest, I have some alarm bells ringing. Something doesn't sound right here.

OP, do you have an ED?
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Females do most of their growth in the early teenage years. Unfortunately you are probably done with growing as far as height is concerned.

You need to speak to a dietitian or at least your doctor about your weight. If you feel underweight/unhealthy you really need help that can't be offered by strangers over the internet.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Eat a cheeseburger or two...

Seriously though, I would be concerned that you may have an ED. You need to talk to your doctor.

And unless you are still growing, the only way you are going to get taller would be by slipping on some really high heels.
  • paranoidW
    paranoidW Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ive seen a doctor when i was like 14or smg,all she told me is that i have to eat more but i dont think that helped much ,well all i knew back then it's that my underweight is not due to an illness but i cant help but think that im anorexic
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What sort of things do you currently eat on a normal day?
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    paranoid wrote:
    Hi, im a girl who got 18 yo for only a couple of weeks now , My current weight is 43kgs and my height is around 5'2(1,58) and 5'3(1.60) my dream height is either 5'6 or 5'7 is this possible ive reached 18yo if yes include the ways (a part from exercising) im kind of lazy and im afraid to loose more pounds ,and if there's a way or a medecine i can eat so i could put on more kgs because i feel like im really underweight and i dont feel healthy at all.
    Thanks to everyone who will answer and sorry for the long text :)
    Have a good everyone ,xoxo

43kg = 95 lb
    At 5'2", a healthy weight range is 105-130.
    At 5'3", take that up to 135.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf

So yes, you are dangerously underweight.
    It's good that you recognize this.
    Please talk with your parents & pediatrician. (I'm having serious doubts that you're actually 18.)

Here's a calculator from the Baylor College of Medicine which will tell you your BMI at any weight (to be healthy, it
    should be between 18.5 and 24.9), as well as how many calories and (most importantly for you) how many servings
    of the various food groups you should eat to maintain that weight.
    https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
    Put in a healthy weight (maybe start with 110 pounds, though it works in metric too) and use the results to guide
    your eating.
    Notice that the calories needed vary depending on how active you are. Since you're dangerously underweight, don't
    try to be too active. A short mild walk every evening after dinner would be plenty, maybe 20 minutes.

Here's a good source of information about puberty, your body, health, etc.
    Share this with your parents & pediatrician.

http://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/handouts/information_for_girls_about_puberty
    Girls usually stop growing taller about 2 years after starting their menstrual period.
    Your genes (the code of information you inherited from your parents) will decide many things during this time, including: your height, your weight, the size of your breasts and even how much hair you have on your body.

If your family is short, it's likely you're going to be short (though dwarfism can show up unexpectedly in any family).
    And other than extreme measures such as having your long bones surgically broken, and installing a spreader /
    lengthening device to force them apart as they heal, no, you're not going to get taller.
    You can, however, be a healthy, well-formed and well-muscled shorter woman.

Please talk with your parents & pediatrician.
  • paranoidW
    Options
    No im really 18
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    paranoidW wrote: »
    No im really 18

Get off of MFP and seek medical help.

We can't help you.
  • MKEgal
    Options
    If you were 18, you would have been through basic schooling (including English language, possibly health),
    so you wouldn't be writing as you are, and wouldn't be asking if you can still grow taller once you're an
    adult (physically), and wouldn't be asking if there's some magic pill you can take ("a medecine i can eat" sic).

MFP is for people 18 and over, physically adults.
    Minors' bodies are different in many ways.
    See your pediatrician.
    Talk with your parents.

Learn to accept your body type & make you the best you you can be.
    Plenty of gymnasts are short, compact, but very strong, agile, etc.
  • MKEgal
    Options
    And it won't let me add this to my earlier post, but here's more info on when women stop growing:

http://www.fwhc.org/qa/mc-grow.htm
    Girls usually reach their full adult height within 1-3 years after their first period.

Please talk with your parents & pediatrician.
  • paranoidW
    Options
    For the eng writing skills ,ive already tried to edit the mistakes since ive typed everything fast but it didnt work and i didnt really want to delete the post and start everything all over again ,dont forget the fact that eng isnt my native language but i still master it and can speak it properly.
    For the pill thing ,ive asked this ques even if i knew it was kind of stupid but im pissed off lately bcz ntg seems to work so i was like what if there is smg that can help that im not aware of ,and i know exactly that growing taller at 18 is rare or i'll dare and say impossible (that's why i said there's a way or not ) bcz I've searched many times before and someone said that ya it can happen if u'll work harder (an addition of an inch or two )
    Anyways ,thanks for ur reply and i'm really willing to see a pediatrician for the 2nd time .:)
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    For the eng writing skills ,ive already tried to edit the mistakes since ive typed everything fast but it didnt work and i didnt really want to delete the post and start everything all over again ,dont forget the fact that eng isnt my native language but i still master it and can speak it properly.
    For the pill thing ,ive asked this ques even if i knew it was kind of stupid but im pissed off lately bcz ntg seems to work so i was like what if there is smg that can help that im not aware of ,and i know exactly that growing taller at 18 is rare or i'll dare and say impossible (that's why i said there's a way or not ) bcz I've searched many times before and someone said that ya it can happen if u'll work harder (an addition of an inch or two )
    Anyways ,thanks for ur reply and i'm really willing to see a pediatrician for the 2nd time .:)

I'm curious. What exactly are you supposed to work harder at to gain height?

• paranoidW
    Options
    They said that if i'll work out i'd may end up eating more and since im really lazy this is seems like a hard work for me unlike other people that are luckily active
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    My Mum grew 3 inches between 18 and 21. She says it's because she played basketball on a boy's team and had to stretch herself out.

But, it was probably genetics.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    First, you need medical help, because you are very underweight. There is no way you are healthy at this weight. Whether this has affected your height (yes, being very underweight as a child/teenager can affect height), or if you were just meant to not grow more, it is something you will probably never find out. And it does nto matter. You are not too short, you are too thin. You need to talk to a dr. Aren't your parents concerned?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    They said that if i'll work out i'd may end up eating more and since im really lazy this is seems like a hard work for me unlike other people that are luckily active

No one is active or inactive by luck. It's choice. Stop making excuses.
  • paranoidW
    Options
    They really are ,My dad was the one who first took me to see that doc back then but he was kind of relieved when that doc said that i wasnt sick ,and they both keep pushing me to eat more or to be more active ,and yea being active isnt smg given to a person by luck,we're not born with it ,but m actually afraid that i will loose pounds due to exercising so i give myself some stupid excuses.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Lolno

If there was a way to increase height, other than with shoes, at that age? Believe me, I would have found it.