Help needed

Options
hi i am an 18 yo girl and weigh 119lbs and 5ft 6in, I really want to start a lean bulk and I feel I'm ready but I have no idea where to start and I don't know how much calories/macros I need to be eating. I've tried loads of online calculators but I feel like they are all giving me something completely different, I'm pretty active and I don't put on weight easily, any tips guys?!

Replies

• JaycobBell
    JaycobBell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Calories body weight x17=2,023
    Protein bw x0.8 =95.2
    Fat bw x0.5=59.5
    They are just rough estimates try for two weeks if there is no increes maybe try
    Bw x20=2,308
    Pro bw x 1.5=178.5
    Fat bw x 0.8=95.2
    These are not set in stone as every body is different
  • lolzoe96
    lolzoe96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    JaycobBell wrote: »
    Calories body weight x17=2,023
    Protein bw x0.8 =95.2
    Fat bw x0.5=59.5
    They are just rough estimates try for two weeks if there is no increes maybe try
    Bw x20=2,308
    Pro bw x 1.5=178.5
    Fat bw x 0.8=95.2
    These are not set in stone as every body is different

What's about carbs?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'll just simplify it for you because I feel @JaycobBell hasn't really made it simple enough.
    • 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body mass
    • 0.4-0.45g of fat per lb of body mass
    • fill rest of calories with carbs
    • 250/500 calorie surplus
  • lolzoe96
    Options
    I'll just simplify it for you because I feel @JaycobBell hasn't really made it simple enough.

How do I fill the rest?xxx and by body mass do you mean like body weight? If not how do I calculate body mass?
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    lolzoe96 wrote: »

How do I fill the rest?xxx and by body mass do you mean like body weight? If not how do I calculate body mass?

Body mass is how much you weigh in pounds (lb's). You can measure it by stepping on a scale when you first wake up (go to the toilet etc) and going off that.

You fill the rest of your calories with carbs once you have allocated how many grams of protein and carbohydrates you're eating.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ive been confussed bout this also and still cant work it out yes i must be stupid looks simple but confusses me haha
  • JaycobBell
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Calories 2,023
    protein 95grams per day
    Fats 59.5 grams per day
    Carbs 276 grams per day
    Sorry if I was not 100% clear I apologise
  • lolzoe96
    Options

Body mass is how much you weigh in pounds (lb's). You can measure it by stepping on a scale when you first wake up (go to the toilet etc) and going off that.

You fill the rest of your calories with carbs once you have allocated how many grams of protein and carbohydrates you're eating.

Right okay, I'm 119lbs

• IsaackGMOON
    Options

Right okay, I'm 119lbs

I'm sure you can do the calculations... it's simple maths.
  • lolzoe96
    Options
    Ive been confussed bout this also and still cant work it out yes i must be stupid looks simple but confusses me haha

It's so confusing it's stressing me out!!xx
  • lolzoe96
    Options
    Calories 2,023
    protein 95grams per day
    Fats 59.5 grams per day
    Carbs 276 grams per day
    Sorry if I was not 100% clear I apologise

No no don't worry! I'm just really hard at understanding things
  • JaycobBell
    Options
    Those calculations are based on your weight of 119lbs it's like a template try it for about two weeks if you feel that the scales are not moving up fast enough then add 250 more calories every week or two till you reach your goal weight
  • lolzoe96
    Options
    1nn1xkeqo7nr.jpg

I have this at the moment, does this seem okay for a lean gain beginner as a starting point? And I can tweak it if I gain too much/too little? I just need a good solid starting point
  • lolzoe96
    Options
    Those calculations are based on your weight of 119lbs it's like a template try it for about two weeks if you feel that the scales are not moving up fast enough then add 250 more calories every week or two till you reach your goal weight

I posted a comment above this one x
  • JaycobBell
    Options
    Tbh it's mostly trail and error as what might give lean mass to 1person might give to much fat to another lol but id give it a go for two weeks and see what you think from taking pictures the day you start and the last day of two weeks and using the mirror aswell as scales
  • lolzoe96
    Options
    Tbh it's mostly trail and error as what might give lean mass to 1person might give to much fat to another lol but id give it a go for two weeks and see what you think from taking pictures the day you start and the last day of two weeks and using the mirror aswell as scales

Okay dokey xxxx
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    just use iifym.com