Girl talk

Options
i have been dieting and exercising everyday! Lost 10 lbs this month! But now I am on my cycle and three lbs are back! Will I lose that once I stop? How much do yall usually gain?

Replies

• Erinsmiles2015
    Erinsmiles2015 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I,m usually up a pound or two during my period too.
  • TiffanyBeckett
    TiffanyBeckett Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It so unmotivating!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've gained anything between 0lbs and 6lbs, it usually goes again plus 1 or 2 extra especially if i don't give in to the 'hormonal munchies' ;)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Its normal. Weight fluctuations can be frustrating at first until you learn your body. I go up 8lbs , but I know it isn't fat. Its not a real gain. So its no big deal.
    Many things like hormones, sodium, and so on cause temporary water weight gain . its nothing to worry about
  • TiffanyBeckett
    Options
    Thank yall! Yea this is the first time I have been on it since dieting and exercising! So I freaked for a second cause I felt like all my hard work was for nothing. But hopefully it will go away once it stops. Thanks for the feedback
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    i go up 3-5lbs the day before and down 4-6 on day 4.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ive gone up as much as five pounds but the then dump them really quickly within a few days after its over. Over the course of the entire month it has no affect on your weight loss pace. Take out that up and down water weight glitch and you'll see you're still on your same pace. Start tracking on a calendar and writing these things down and you'll start to see patterns. Like how doing a big weight training day affects you. That ones a killer. I can gain 4 pounds in a single day after a serious weight lifting day if I haven't been lifting for awhile. All these things are just water weight and won't affect your fat loss pace. Don't let them overly concern you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its water weight. its normal.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what is demotivating about your body's normal hormonal cycle. Maybe reading up on it a bit would set your mind at ease.

To me, getting upset about going up a couple of pounds due to your menstrual cycle is like getting mad when your fingernails or hair grow back after you've trimmed them.
  • JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It is part of the natural cycle in a woman's body. Temperature fluctuates, complexion fluctuates, hormones fluctuate. The pitch of our voices even fluctuate. Weight is just one more thing and it usually comes right back down after a few days. Don't let it stress you out unless the overall trend is going up.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Water retention, might as well get use to it, because it's going to happen every month.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this, but....in addition to the bloating, and the abdominal cramps, and the breast tenderness, and the change in appetite, and all the other wonderful things that can happen during a woman's period.....you're going to bleed. Do not be alarmed. It's perfectly normal.
  • TiffanyBeckett
    Options
    I obviously know that I am going to have a cycle since I am female but my question was how many pounds do other people have while on it.... No need for smart *kitten* comments :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    rar
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up when I am ovulating
    This week my weight was
    Monday 185 lbs
    Tuesday 184 lbs
    Wednesday 186 lbs
    Thursday 188 lbs
    Friday 188 lbs
    Saturday 187 lbs
    Sunday 187 lbs
    Monday 187 lbs
    Last week I lost 3.5 lbs
    It's the same each month
  • TiffanyBeckett
    Options
    My weight goes up when I am ovulating
    This week my weight was
    Monday 185 lbs
    Tuesday 184 lbs
    Wednesday 186 lbs
    Thursday 188 lbs
    Friday 188 lbs
    Saturday 187 lbs
    Sunday 187 lbs
    Monday 187 lbs
    Last week I lost 3.5 lbs
    It's the same each month

Good to know thank you!
  • jonelles1
    jonelles1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fair enough question if you are only just learning this and have started regularly weighing, jeez there is no need for the bitchy comments at all. I usually put on up to 2kg Tiffany, and I know what you mean it can be really demotivating until you get used to it.
  • TiffanyBeckett
    Options
    jonelles1 wrote: »
    Fair enough question if you are only just learning this and have started regularly weighing, jeez there is no need for the bitchy comments at all. I usually put on up to 2kg Tiffany, and I know what you mean it can be really demotivating until you get used to it.

Thank you!
  • yummypotroast
    yummypotroast Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The first time I weighed myself during my period while trying to lose weight I FREAKED OUT. I felt so bloated and just overall "fat-feeling" all week too. Haha but it's perfectly normal for your weight to fluctuate from water retention, especially for women. I have to keep reminding myself that. It takes a while to get used to!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I realized that if I FEEL heavy (bloated), and I step on the scale, I am going to weigh more. Period.