Anyone else have a weight loss goal for Christmas?

Options
So my fiance lives in the UK i saw him last month but now I'm not seeing him until after christmas. I am quite overweight and am working on getting in shape for our wedding next summer. But I want to lose some before i see him in December.

Trying to figure out what a realistic and healthy goal is.
Anyone else have a weight loss goal for December?

Replies

• kazredhead
    kazredhead Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose 20lb by Christmas. It is 17 weeks away - so doable!! Best of luck to you :-)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    This will totally depend on how much you have to lose.

There is a little over 15 weeks until Christmas.
    The recommended loss per week that is safe/healthy is 1-2 lbs per week.
    So I would say 15-30 lbs is possible.
    If your close to or in the healthy BMI range, than probably a range of 7.5 -15 lbs.

edit:
    As for your original question. I hope to lose another 6 lbs and be maintaining by Christmas.
  • SamKorosi
    SamKorosi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! :D

30lbs would be awesome! I'm just starting my weight loss journey. I am trying to lose 80lbs so I am very overweight. I've lost about 6lbs in the past two weeks just by changing my diet and getting off a medication that made me gain weight really quickly. i am joining the gym this week so hopefully I can meet this goal!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. It is going to slow down after the first few weeks.
    One and half pounds per week is realistic. The goal of weighing a certain amount on a certain day is not so important.
    Keep focusing on how you are changing your life in ways that make you happy. <3
  • lucky56luv
    lucky56luv Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    30 lbs is my goal, I'm currently 230 so to lose 30 would be the BEST!
  • Bikini4June
    Bikini4June Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am getting married next summer and want to be at goal by Xmas too. I'll add you! I live in the UK and would like to lose 20lbs x
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've figured out if I keep losing 2lbs a week as I have been, I'll be at pre-baby weight by Christmas so that's my goal :) x
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1lb a week until about mid-November, then will try for 1.5lbs a week until Christmas, purely because I know I always gain at Christmas despite my best intentions, so want to give myself a couple of pounds leeway so I can enjoy myself and not worry if I do gain a wee bit.
  • rosammr
    rosammr Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I also live in the UK and started my journey last week at 209lbs and aiming to lose 2lbs per week. There will be very good weeks specially at the beginning but I am sure as I reach my goal it will became more challenging. I have 2 milestones- end of November I need to have at least a third off (20lbs), and then by April I would like to loose a total of 62lb (or 4.5st).
    So 2lbs a week till the end of November is what I am aiming for and then I will re-evaluate.

I am trying to set myself smaller goals as it might seem easier to achieve and hopefully will keep me motivated.
  • lucky56luv
    lucky56luv Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    3 lbs a week is my goal, realistically 1.5 but I'm going for 3. I'm currently losing 3 to 4 lbs a week but I have only been at it for almost 6 weeks and have lost 25 lbs. I first started out just changing my eating habits and then last week I started working out. I know I can do it, it's just how bad do I want it and how hard I'm willing to bust my butt for it. :smile:
  • MrsB0706
    MrsB0706 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 15lbs between now and Christmas...my weakness is that I can have a great few weeks and then BOOM!...one bad week sets me back lots
  • Malzbell
    Malzbell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm looking in to dropping to my goal weight before Christmas
  • inked_illini26
    inked_illini26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yess! I have gained weight since last Christmas and I want to be AT LEAST down to where I was last year if not smaller!
  • sealightdolphin
    sealightdolphin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be down 40 pounds by Christmas. I am already down 14, so I feel it's a goal I can make!
  • isabele123
    isabele123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Since I have a lot of weight to lose I would love to lose at least 40 by Christmas.
  • jenniator
    jenniator Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My goal by Christmas/New Years is to be down 23.3 pounds :) Right now I'm at 178.3 lbs and I would love to do down to 155!! Even if I only lose half that weight, I will still be proud of myself!
  • garydeinert
    garydeinert Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There's a whole group of people challenging together for Christmas goals. See the discussion: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10224138/25-lbs-down-by-december-25th
    Also, members are tracking their progress in a group spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Lck7upI-GC4fH5iLpOErvgRjWuvMQo3uJvmiZw92Ruc/edit#gid=307613959
    Any of you are welcome!! And yes, we're all targeting Christmas at a goal weight! Anyone can friend me or email me for more info. :)
  • dfwbeat
    dfwbeat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I keep my calories at about 1200 more or less and I do cardio 2 to 3 times a week if I can. I'm very busy but the stair master works wonders! It isn't easy but it helps a lot! It is doable! Go for it!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    jenniator wrote: »
    My goal by Christmas/New Years is to be down 23.3 pounds :) Right now I'm at 178.3 lbs and I would love to do down to 155!! Even if I only lose half that weight, I will still be proud of myself!
    My weight loss plan is almost identical to yours. I'm currently 176lb, and there are 16 weeks to go to Christmas. My aim is 'under 160lb', so that's 1lb per week, which I think is achievable! However, I am trying not to look at 25th December as some kind of absolute deadline, especially because I don't want to stop on or around that date, and take time off from my weight loss, just because it's "Christmas". I also don't want to have to start to 'rescue' myself on 2nd January from overindulging the previous couple of weeks - I want to just carry on my journey.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I have lost 42 lbs. Since April and have another 65 lbs. to lose. I'd like to lose about 22 lbs. more by Christmas. I lose between 1 and 2 lbs. most weeks. It's a very doable and realistic weight loss for me.