Medication and Weight Loss

Options
Hello all,
I am 20 y.o and have recently started taking medication for my ADHD. It drastically cuts my appetite. I have gone from weighing 157lbs to weighing 141lbs. I used to be very much into lifting weights and bodybuilding but not being able to eat as much as when I was off of the medication has taken a toll on me. Open to suggestions and definitely open to motivation and support! Please add me!

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Many of the formulations cause a decrease in appetite. It would be worth talking to your GP about possibly lowering and tweaking your dose to a level that is more easily managed. Trying to slowly up your calories with more calorie-dense foods might help.
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you're on medication for adhd that has a stimulant and/or contains an amphetamine, my advice is drop it. It will screw up your natural chemistry.

Might help of you read up on the specific med you're taking. Chances are you'll see the sides outweigh the benefits.

Just my advice.. take it or leave it. Not trying to make a point on what's better based on anything but experience. It's just my opinion. Best wishes.