Workout for gaing mass

Options
aust1209
aust1209 Posts: 3 Member
Hey guys really struggling to put on weight I'm 18 teen years old male and 112 pounds and 5 foot 9 inches very skinny I need help I know I need more calories but what is a proven workout to put on mass I have a whight bench and 100 pounds in dumbells and a cable machine that does every thing I need a solid routine any suggestions would be a big help thanks

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Pretty much every workout involving a progressive overload and relatively heavy weights will add on mass. CONDITIONAL on your nutrition and diet. If you're not eating big to get big, your body isn't going to make all the macronutrients and calories from no where...

You need to get your nutrition nailed down before you try to start gaining muscle mass otherwise you're going no where.
    • 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body mass
    • 0.4-0.45g of fat per lb of body mass
    • fill rest of calories with carbs
    • TDEE + 250/500/750/1000 calories

Get on a solid program such as;
    • New Rules of Lifting For Women
    • Strong Curves
    • ICF 5x5
    • StrongLifts 5x5
    • PHUL

OP do you have access to a power rack or squat rack? These programs all involve legs, which is an area you shouldn't neglect when trying to add on mass.
  • aust1209
    aust1209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I do not have access to a power rack only 0-100 pounds in dumbells and a bench and cable machine that you can do bench press curls latpulldowns you get the idea soo that's why I was looking for a solid routine that involves that equipment thanks
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    aust1209 wrote: »
    Hey I do not have access to a power rack only 0-100 pounds in dumbells and a bench and cable machine that you can do bench press curls latpulldowns you get the idea soo that's why I was looking for a solid routine that involves that equipment thanks

You're not going to be able to do squats then...

Either get a gym membership, adapt, or get a power rack.
  • haraldxedge
    haraldxedge Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If your goals are to gain lean muscle mass, I recommend a workout routine based on compound lifts (squats, bench, deadlift, over-head press) and do 4 sets of 8-12 reps.
    A 5x5 routine will get you trained and strong , but you won't gain much muscle mass.
    AND EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    aust1209 wrote: »

You're not going to be able to do squats then...

Either get a gym membership, adapt, or get a power rack.

They could do squats... but it would have to be a higher rep than a 5x5 format. In fact, there are a lot of routines out there that are just done with free weights.