Replies

• SKMTX
    SKMTX Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I didnt regain it all. I had a back injury and. surgery and gained back 40
  • SKMTX
    Options
    And fyi I didnt starve I walked three miles everyday and I worked out at the gym three days a week. I gave up soft drinks which was my biggest enemy. I say go for it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    skrace wrote: »
    And fyi I didnt starve I walked three miles everyday and I worked out at the gym three days a week. I gave up soft drinks which was my biggest enemy. I say go for it!
    So 89 in 6 months is 3.42lbs a week. Which equates to 11,970 fat calories a week or a deficit of 1710 from your TDEE. Even walking 3 miles a day at say 225lbs and 4 mph is a calorie burn of about 526 calories. Add in about 350 calories for everyday work, activity, etc. and you're looking at BMR of 1779 when you were 34 (speculation of weight and height-5ft 5in, but I averaged it out and went high on weight). So TDEE would be 2665 at these stats and subtract the 1710 and you're looking at an intake of 945 calories a day. Now of course if you weighed less than this, it would even be less of a burn and net intake.
    I don't know what you consider not starving, but 945 calories IS LOW.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• SKMTX
    Options
    I'm five nine I did it just like I told you. I did drink kumbacha tea I think that helped speed my metabolism. I also craved jalapeno peppers I know those speed things up lol...
  • SKMTX
    Options
    May I ask why you are so against this challenge? People on biggest loser committed and lose quickly.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'm five nine I did it just like I told you. I did drink kumbacha tea I think that helped speed my metabolism. I also craved jalapeno peppers I know those speed things up lol...
    So increase the BMR by about 20 calories. That's still under 1000 calories a day.
    Sorry no tea or peppers speed up metabolic rate to any significance (peer reviewed clinical study should be used to support that). Not to mention this would be cancelled out since high calorie deficits reduce metabolic rates pretty significantly.
    I'm just going by the math. Not anecdotes.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • SKMTX
    Options
    So you are saving I starved? My fitness pal calculated 1200 calories for me to lose on here its not that different. I assure you I didnt starve and we still had pizza every friday night. I remember it like it was yesterday.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    May I ask why you are so against this challenge? People on biggest loser committed and lose quickly.

It's a TV show. They are under medical supervision and yet still do some extremely unhealthy things. Just because it's on TV, doesn't make it safe, healthy or logical to do. Most who try to lose that fast are going to end up resorting to unhealthy measures to achieve this and can end up doing a lot of damage. They also aren't under the best conditions:
    But they don't show the additional mandatory six hours or so of us furiously flailing the pounds away.
    showing us all drinking our milk to prove how nutritious it was. But as soon as "cut" was yelled, the trainers made us spit it out.
    At the end of the series, my immune system shut down due to the effects of losing too much weight too fast. My hair fell out. I can't say I was in better health at 260 pounds than I am now, but doctors told me that everything I did to my body on the show was a physician's nightmare.
    http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1338-5-details-they-cut-from-my-season-the-biggest-loser.html

^That is not healthy for anyone to try and emulate.
  • SKMTX
    Options
    I think the new studies are showing gut bacteria plays a major role in obesity. So eliminating the sugary drinks and drinking fermented tea and eating peppers can most certainly effect gut bacteria and thus metabolism.
  • SKMTX
    Options
    Thank you for your concern. I am going to bed.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    So you are saving I starved? My fitness pal calculated 1200 calories for me to lose on here its not that different. I assure you I didnt starve and we still had pizza every friday night. I remember it like it was yesterday.
    1000 calories a day for a person 5'9" at 34 years old at the time...................yes. And you can eat pizza and lose weight. You just have to be in a REASONABLE calorie deficit.
    I've had friends that were very slim who ate nothing but pizza and M&M's, but they ate like once a day and not in large portions. Hard to get fat on 800 calories a day, but that's also an issue of not getting in the right macros/micro nutrients one needs for essential health.
    People with eating disorders will always claim they aren't starving. Should I believe them because they say it?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Sure. And out of the 200+ contestants that have been on the show, 90% of them gained back a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight or more (including the winners). The only people they have on the show from past seasons are the 10% who stayed somewhat within range. That's not deception, right?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    I think the new studies are showing gut bacteria plays a major role in obesity. So eliminating the sugary drinks and drinking fermented tea and eating peppers can most certainly effect gut bacteria and thus metabolism.
    Somehow I'm more sure that over consumption is the reason for obesity and not gut bacteria since human physiology is pretty consistent (if no health issues are present) with every human on Earth. The same foods in the US are available to other countries outside of it. These countries just don't have people that eat portion sizes that feed 3 of them.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Lwilso87
    Lwilso87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to get in on this challenge. Please anyone feel free to add me.
  • hundredthirty
    hundredthirty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all :) I'm 20 years old and trying to lose 55 lbs by new years! I would to help support y'all and join this journey with y'all!! <3