Military Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any research on the military diet so if I'll try not to make great big assumptions. The name itself rings alarm bells for me "The Military Diet". This sort of suggests an extreme regime and implies extreme results. Every one knows that the 'Military' itself is a tough, tough job so this diet is already implicating that it's going to be difficult and will test you mentally and physically.

It took me a long time to learn that a 'lifestyle change' should absolutely NOT do the above ^^
    Of course it'll be a struggle - who doesn't find changing lifetime bad habits difficult?
    But you should not be physically and mentally pushed to your limit's to achieve what you want out of life.

Again, I haven't done my research. I have no idea what the military diet actually entails and how many calories you allow yourself per day, etc etc. But I just know, by the name alone, that this isn't something you can do for life. I'm sure it helps you drop a shedload of unwanted weight - but is this military regime something you're going to keep up forever and ever?

IMO - Eat at a deficit, exercise when you can and lose at a safe rate. Once you reach your goal weight, educate yourself on eating at maintenance and adjust your exercise routine depending on your new goal. It really doesn't have to be so shocking and extreme.

It's got nothing to do with the military and is simply a silly VLCD where you eat hot dogs and saltines.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any research on the military diet so if I'll try not to make great big assumptions. The name itself rings alarm bells for me "The Military Diet". This sort of suggests an extreme regime and implies extreme results. Every one knows that the 'Military' itself is a tough, tough job so this diet is already implicating that it's going to be difficult and will test you mentally and physically.

It took me a long time to learn that a 'lifestyle change' should absolutely NOT do the above ^^
    Of course it'll be a struggle - who doesn't find changing lifetime bad habits difficult?
    But you should not be physically and mentally pushed to your limit's to achieve what you want out of life.

Again, I haven't done my research. I have no idea what the military diet actually entails and how many calories you allow yourself per day, etc etc. But I just know, by the name alone, that this isn't something you can do for life. I'm sure it helps you drop a shedload of unwanted weight - but is this military regime something you're going to keep up forever and ever?

IMO - Eat at a deficit, exercise when you can and lose at a safe rate. Once you reach your goal weight, educate yourself on eating at maintenance and adjust your exercise routine depending on your new goal. It really doesn't have to be so shocking and extreme.

It's got nothing to do with the military and is simply a silly VLCD where you eat hot dogs and saltines.

So it's called the military diet but has nothing whatsoever to do with the military? What will they think of next!!