Protein Shakes After Cardio or No?

Options
HAPPY FRIDAY AND FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!!!!

ok, so i have about 70 lbs to lose. I work out 6-7 days per week ( of which 2-3 are cardio only for about 45-60 minutes). I always drink my protein shake on strength days, but I usually just rely on my regular protein intake on cardio days. Should I be drinking the protein on those days as well? Thanks in advance for your help!!! :-)

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If you need help getting in protein on those days. I drink protein shakes just to get my protein macros in order. It has nothing to do with my workout that day. As long as you meet your goal, it doesn't matter where your protein comes from. Happy summer to you too!

Edited to add: I usually just have a greek yogurt after my workout. Whatever works for you.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do because I feel like I'm starving after cardio and the shake seems to help me not eat everything in sight.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the protein for strength days to reduce the soreness if nothing else. my shakes taste like dessert do I do think they curb the appetite too lol
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I do. But only to keep my protein percentage in order.
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When I was drinking them I drank them after each workout and if it was a non-workout day then I drank them in the morning before work.
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cool, thanks for the insight ppl!!!
  • bermequeen
    bermequeen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I drink them every morning after my workout for breakfast.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes. absolutely! To reduce muscle pain, to quench thirst (i make a shake with 1,5 milk), to curb desire for food or sweets, for muscle growth and to even protein daily intake for those of us who are not so fond of meat.