Go-to meal

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    edited September 2015
    I have a few! We have two adults and three kids, ages 6 to 18, so these are all my family friendly go-to meals:
    -Salad bar with whatever I have (cheeses, grilled chicken breast/grilled beef, vegetables, fruit, nuts) and homemade dressing
    -Taco bar (tortillas for some, taco salad for others). I usually sneak lentils into the taco meat... They have a similar texture to ground beef when cooked
    -Chicken breast plus marinade and/or seasoning on the grill pan plus veggie plus rice or pasta and maybe a light pan sauce--possibilities are endless!
    -Chili--easy to cut fat and calories and nobody ever complains
    -Soup night! I have a few that I rotate according to what's in the fridge... Broccoli beer cheese and super-diet vegetable soup :) are favorites. Go figure on the last one!

Edited to add: omelets! Spinach, mushroom and cheddar is my favorite
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Egg tacos: corn tortillas and over easy eggs, a little cheese or bacon if I have it. Maybe this is weird, but I love it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Lean ground beef (usually 93-97%) tossed with tzatziki sauce over raw spinach and served with green split pea soup on the side <3 So good!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Baked fish and roasted vegetables
  • Hummingbird914
    Hummingbird914 Posts: 76 Member
    p3gm1528fro8.jpg

Made zucchini pizza tonight. I could eat this everyday.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    p3gm1528fro8.jpg

Yummooooo. Ummm I usually have dinner at about 5pm....I am in Oregon!!
  • rebecc6
    rebecc6 Posts: 9 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    001%203_zpsvtiyotuc.jpg

I dismantled a roast the other day :-)
    p3gm1528fro8.jpg

• rebecc6
    rebecc6 Posts: 9 Member
    rebecc6 wrote: »
    001%203_zpsvtiyotuc.jpg

I dismantled a roast the other day :-)
    p3gm1528fro8.jpg

This looks wonderful!
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    All of the photos look delicious! When should I be over for dinner? LOL. On Sunday's I make ground turkey with broccoli slaw and bell pepper in the crock pot. It's quick and easy.udir9cn3j5mu.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    some kind of grilled meat, poultry, or fish with a side of some kind of veg and a grain or starch.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Zucchini Crab Cakes and Spinach feta salad! Oh and bean burritos and toasted tomato with bacon and lentil sprouts. And soup, all kinds!
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Justchristy 79 - your food looks fabulous, wish you could do mine :p
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    1 oz of beef or turkey kelbasa (cut up the U shaped sausage and weigh them out and put in a container)
    1 T of olive oil
    cut up zucchini or whatever veggie you like
    1/4 cup of Royal Blend tri colored rice (wild rice and others)
    saute' in a pan with sprinkling of cayenne pepper, tumeric, and course black pepper
    cover with water and put in 1 tsp of Better Than Boullion chicken paste
    cover with lid until rice is soft. (about 8-10 min)
    Put a handful of fresh baby spinach in a large Ramen style bowl.
    Pour the pan mixture over spinach and sprinkle with some graded parmesan.
    HEAVEN!!!!!!!

I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! Think I might try it with eggplant...
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    hac125 wrote: »
    1 oz of beef or turkey kelbasa (cut up the U shaped sausage and weigh them out and put in a container)
    1 T of olive oil
    cut up zucchini or whatever veggie you like
    1/4 cup of Royal Blend tri colored rice (wild rice and others)
    saute' in a pan with sprinkling of cayenne pepper, tumeric, and course black pepper
    cover with water and put in 1 tsp of Better Than Boullion chicken paste
    cover with lid until rice is soft. (about 8-10 min)
    Put a handful of fresh baby spinach in a large Ramen style bowl.
    Pour the pan mixture over spinach and sprinkle with some graded parmesan.
    HEAVEN!!!!!!!

I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! Think I might try it with eggplant...

Today I treated myself with two huge scallops, so I took one and cut it up in bite size pieces, with zucchini, and some shitake golden oat mushrooms.
    browned the mushrooms and zuchinni in 2 T of olive oil, added some chicken stock 1 tsp with 2 cups of water. Then I put in the scallop pieces and waited until they got firmer. Put in bowl and put 1/2 T parmesan cheese. I also had 16 oz of Stella Artouis beer....my bad...but it was sooo good.
  • tiffkittyw
    Tonight is southwest chicken chili. I basically can only cook in a crock pot LOL. I'm not a skilled chef. 44zfdtvcchff.jpg
  • jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    That southwest chili looks great!

My go to is usually taco salad with either ground venison or ground turkey.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Rotisserie chicken is my go to protein. Veggies and starch sides vary, depending on what's in the fridge or at a nearby salad bar
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    My favorite quick and dirty meal when it's just me is a Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of cheese and an over easy egg.
  • vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    Vegan pho from my local noodle house. It's a huge bowl filled with steamed broccoli, carrots, cabbage and other goodies, plus tofu for a little protein. Delicious and totally filling for lunch, and at 210 calories it leaves me room for a bigger dinner or an afternoon snack.

I eat soup a lot at home, too. I make a big pot or even two on the weekends so that we always have something good, quick and filling in the fridge.
  • tiffkittyw
    That southwest chili looks great!

My go to is usually taco salad with either ground venison or ground turkey.

Thanks! I also like taco salad with ground turkey.