Actifry

Options
Hi
I want to cook some sweet potato chips in Actifry but unsure how I calculate the nutrients. Do I weigh and scan the sweet potatoes used and weigh and scan chosen oil used to get the nutrients or ??
I've looked through myfitness foods and there are so many different ones I don't know which would be right.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I would personally weigh your potato, log it . then measure out your oil and log it. I've never made sweet potato chips ,but that's what I would do if I was going to. Hopefully someone will chime in who has tried it before though
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I would think weighing out any residual oil and subtracting it would also be part of an accurate measurement. But if you used the total gross weights it would be easier, and if anything your calorie log should be on the high side.
  • rachelbl72
    rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Excuse my dumbness what do you mean by residual oil and subtracting it, I am a complete newbie to all this so need abit of guidance.
    If I was to weigh sweet potatoes and used 150g then used 1tbsp of coconut oil how would I interpretate that into my food diary.
  • yguerne
    yguerne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I add the vegetable and oil separately when I log them. I find there is some oil left over in the actifry, but since you are using so little, there isn't much. I use about half of what is suggested when I cook veggies. I shake my veggies around in the pan so they are covered. If I add the whole spoonful suggested, there is always some left in the pan that the veggies sit in.

As for making sweet potato chips, I'm not sure if you're talking about chips as in Canada or chips as in England. I'm sure you've already discovered, chips/crisps won't work in the actifry with sweet or regular potatoes. They just bunch up into a potato blob, not getting crisp or properly cooked. If you're talking about chips/french fries, that's a different story. They work brilliantly! I also like them cut into cubes, especially for sweet potatoes. They don't get smooshed by the paddle that way. They're a bit more delicate than a regular potato and I find that can happen. Love my actifry. We use it all the time. It's a monster to store, but well worth finding the space for if it's used frequently.