Late Schedule - to eat or not eat

Options
Hey everyone...I need some advice. I work late nights and usually get home around 8 or 8:30. Tonight I got home at 9. I dont have the ability to eat at work. So...if I have the calories should I eat something even if it is 9 or 9:30 at night? I know its not good to eat late. What does everyone think?

Replies

• mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I almost always have a snack between 11 and 12, but I am also up till 2 or 3.
    I think it matters how much later you will be up when you decide to have that last snack. Don't eat 20 minutes before bed, but an hour or two shouldn't hurt.... right?
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Some may disagree, but calories are calories, regardless of when they are consumed. If you know what your daily quota is and follow that, it makes no difference what time you eat, and you will continue to maintain or lose, whatever your goal. People run into problems when they exceed their recommended intakes and/or fail to exercise.
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    I say, eat if you're hungry. And if you're not going over your calorie intake, then what's the big deal?

But when do you go to bed? That may have some influence on whether or not you should eat, though.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :happy:

i would do a lite supper and soup or tea with it. hopefully you aren't bothered by reflux. can you wait for an hour after eating before going to bed?
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    If you are hungry then I would say of course! But if you go to bed close to when you get home then I would try to skip it and fill up during the day. Can you have a shake/drink at work?
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    If you go to bed early, then eat something light. If your like me and stay up later then eat if your hungry. The whole time thing means nothing to me. Obviously your body wants food if your hungry....
  • ecerutti
    ecerutti Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually go to bed about 10/10:30. I think soup or a shake would be good. Thanks!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories, go for it! From what I've heard, calories are calories, so really as long as you're not consuming too many it doesn't really make a difference when you eat them... with the exception of refined carbs (sugar and white breads/pastas) and stuff that's high in bad fats. So, have something with lots of fiber and a bit of protein rather than, say, a bowl of sugar cereal or a cheeseburger.