Bulking And Cutting

Options
Anyone should suggest me a great and cheap meal and workout plan. For Abs And Big Muscles

Replies

• JoshLibby
    JoshLibby Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well, if you want big muscle and abs you should focus on weight lifting/cardio and overall health. It wouldn't matter what you ate if your workout is not on point to help stimulate muscle growth.

So, get a good workout program, be consistent, have your diet in check with good recovery and as long as you get your macros and nutrients and have realistic goals you'll get your dream/goal.

Just be realistic it takes a "while" to get a good body!!!!!!

To your question of cheap food, how much are you looking to spend might help some input, and do you care the quality of food? Do you care if it's high fat, carbs? Do you care if it's processed?

You're going to get the eat ice cream, terrible foods with hit fats and carbs then you'll get the eat, peanut butter, eggs, meat response regardless nuts, vegs fruits.

I'd just worry about your macros instead. Just because it might be cheap doesn't mean you should go that route, stick to macros goals, that seems to be a little more important than if the food is cheap or not.

~ Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    OP, no specific food will give you abs or big muscles. That is all in time, training and body composition

On the cheaper side of things, look to buy things in bulk. I get chicken for $1.99/lb when I buy it in 3lbs+ quantities. Also, tuna and eggs tend to be fairly cheap sources of protein. Ground beef (80/20) can be fairly cheap as well. To help add calories during a bulk, you can cook them in oils or butters or marinade the meats. For cheap carbs, ice cream (I prefer the Klondike bar), whole grain breads/bagels (higher in fiber = more natural generally), higher sugar fruits, starchy veggies such as potatoes, etc... are all solid choices. And fats you will get butters, full fat dairy (greek yogurt is great for most categories), cheeses, oils (to include salad dressings), and fatty cuts of meat (also a part of the protein section).

Overall, i try to get 80-90% of my calories from nutrient dense foods and the rest are treats. And honestly, in a bulk, it is a lot easy to get all the nutrients you need as compared to a cut. And if you are bulking, calories are # 1. If you can't hit you calorie goals, then it literally doesn't matter how nutritious the foods you are eating, because you wont gain muscle.

While I am in a cut, I tend to lower my fats as they cost the most in calories. While I bulk, I add more fats. And yes, depending on your bulking calorie range, many of us will suggest eating stuff like ice cream, nuts, butters, etc... because if you bulk at 5000 calories or even 4000 calories, people tend to struggle with those numbers if it was just chicken, rice and broccoli.