HIIT Workouts & Strength training

Options
2»

Replies

• doralim1990
    doralim1990 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Currently following fitness blender hiit workouts targerting upper body, abs, lower body. Etc.
  • mazzy1026
    mazzy1026 Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    HRM will significantly over-inflate calorie estimates for intervals - your HR is elevated during the recovery phases.

This. HRMs aren't even close to accurate on HIIT workouts.

Why do you say that? My chest HRM gives the most accurate reading I could get without entering a laboratory, and it changes almost instantaneous according to my activity. I would therefore imagine that calorie burn would change accordingly?

Here's a HRM extract from a treadmill workout I did last night - seems pretty aligned to cadence to me:

3acld0xubwk2.png

The only reason I do HIIT (apart from the fitness benefits) is to mix things up a little and not get bored B)
  • omegatek
    omegatek Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mazzy1026 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    HRM will significantly over-inflate calorie estimates for intervals - your HR is elevated during the recovery phases.

This. HRMs aren't even close to accurate on HIIT workouts.

Why do you say that? My chest HRM gives the most accurate reading I could get without entering a laboratory, and it changes almost instantaneous according to my activity. I would therefore imagine that calorie burn would change accordingly?

Here's a HRM extract from a treadmill workout I did last night - seems pretty aligned to cadence to me:

3acld0xubwk2.png

The only reason I do HIIT (apart from the fitness benefits) is to mix things up a little and not get bored B)

I use a Wahoo TickrX HRM along with their 7 Minute HIIT Workout and seem to get great results. I think it's 12 different exercises for 30 secs each with a little rest in between. Here's a pic of my graph. I did 2 sets split by the blue line.

g84nxqn70sqo.png

• LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I love the HIIT workouts in the TurboFire program. I don't do any of the other DVDs, just the HIITs :D They kick my butt
  • jacinta345
    jacinta345 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I go to orangetheory fitness center that uses HIIT.It is a great place to work out since all classes are lead by a coach, heart rate is monitored by wearing a heart monitor, and it is one hour in and out. The first class is free.
  • mazzy1026
    mazzy1026 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sweet B)