Is too much fruit bad for a diet

Options
2»

Replies

• hanalou1992
    hanalou1992 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    wald86 wrote: »
    @hannahlou1992 i know i was so peed off! I was eating a full punnet a day haha! Any melon is fine, its basically water! I prefer honeycomb
    I will try the melon ago, I'm not going completely not have fruit just have it a few times a week not everyday thanks
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    Lorleee wrote: »
    I keep my fruit servings to 2-3 per day maximum and strive to fill up on more veggies rather than more fruit, but as others have said, it's all about the calories so do what works for you.
    Thank you I wasn't having massive portion sizes just small sizes but twice a day
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    I've never heard of fruit being 'bad' for you.
    Of course - make sure it stays within your allowance :)

Thank you :)
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    3vf84wsmcua1.jpg
    Here's my portion with my yoghurt after my tea
  • yash505
    yash505 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wish there was a way to take sugar out of fruits, but sorry there is none :)
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    yash505 wrote: »
    wish there was a way to take sugar out of fruits, but sorry there is none :)

I know i love fruit and veg I think I might start having a bowl of veg instead of fruit haha
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm unsure if I'm eating too much fresh fruit I use this after my lunch and dinner as something that is satisfying me

Too much (unless you have some medical advice you haven't mentioned) would mean:

(1) more than you like
    (2) so much that you go over calories
    (3) so much that you miss out on other foods or nutrients that are important, like protein, fat, or vegetables.

Otherwise, I really wouldn't worry about it.
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    Nope I don't have any medical advise, as you can see from the photo i posted above I am not having much
  • yash505
    Options
    that portion with yogurt look so yummy i am going to try that :)
  • yash505
    Options
    i know someone went fruitarian for six months or so and he is doing fine but he gone back to his vegan diet
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    So I guess this is a let's talk about fruit thread and not a answer seeking thread.
    I've had my answer I need
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That dessert looks delicious and nutritious. It fits in to your meal plan very well. Diabetics have to worry about sugar but the way you've made it would be fine for most diabetics too. Please don't stop eating grapes.
  • hanalou1992
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    That dessert looks delicious and nutritious. It fits in to your meal plan very well. Diabetics have to worry about sugar but the way you've made it would be fine for most diabetics too. Please don't stop eating grapes.
    Thank you I have this same portion after my afternoon salad and tea but as you can see its only a reasonable sized portion so I'm not going stop cutting the fruit completely out maybe have it a few times a week