Nutri bullet

Options
I bought myself a nutri bullet about 6 weeks ago to try and naturally increase my energy levels and make sure I definitely got my daily fruit/veg intake.
I've been having 100ml of water and a handful of each of the following blueberries,raspberries, strawberries, spinach and 2 small plums.
I've now decided to increase this to twice a day as I'm really enjoying them and feel fantastic and full of energy.
I'm still having my normal evening meal with my family and small snacks if I need or want them which mostly I don't but getting to the point of this post am I getting enough nutrients etc if I smoothie for 2 meals of the day ?
Thanks

Replies

• Palmeralex
    Palmeralex Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sure if your calories and macros are there why would it matter? One thing though, a nutritionist told me off for using a nutribullet because you need saliva to digest food and so without chewing you miss that important step. But whatever!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I don't usually use a smoothie for more than one meal. They tend to be high in sugar and low in protein. But if you add something for protein- nut butter, tofu, protein powder, etc... You can fix that problem with it.

I bought a vitamix last month, I really want to blend all the things. But it's also keeping me cooking for myself since I'm on a budget until it is paid off!
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i own nutri ninja pro (same thing but rival brand). i only substituted smoothie for breakfast because i prepare it the night before. but yeah cmtigger is right. most of my sugar (carbs) comes from my morning smoothie because of the amount of fruits in it. definitely pad it with protein heavy stuff, either with nuts or protein powder if you want it to be more balanced.
  • sarahchubs1982
    sarahchubs1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, my main evening meal usually consists of chicken, salmon or eggs so I should hopefully be ok but I'm going to see how I go and check with my dr after a few weeks