Grilled Veggie Sandwich?

Options
terraskye
terraskye Posts: 370 Member
I am not sure if this was the right forum but I though a MFP member had posted a blog link to a great veggie sandwich they had packed for their lunch.If it was you could you please post the link as it was really interesting and I'd like to try it

Otherwise I'd love some veggie sandwich ideas. I don't have a outdoor grill but I have a grill pan and access to most veggies:)

Thanks
Fiona

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You could do a search and probably come up with some really great ideas similiar and likely the original!:drinker:
  • terraskye
    Options
    You could do a search and probably come up with some really great ideas similiar and likely the original!:drinker:

I think my search skills suck because I couldn't find the post..hopefully I didn't dream about it:D
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I roast veggies all the time for sandwiches etc. Here is what I do and it is lo in cal and are good.
    Take whatever veggies you like I always have mushrooms, onion, peppers in every color, tomatoes, eggplant, broc. and cauliflower. Anyways in a bowl mix 1/3 cup oilive oil and 1/4 cup balsamic vineger with a little salt and pepper. Mix well then take a little bit under 1/4 cup and put in bowl do veggies seperately. after coating them with mixture put on baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil put in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 mins or until how you like them. I like onions carmalized and other not a well done.
    I just made this for dinner tonight and we put it on itilian bread with a little fetta cheese. We love it, but then we are vegetarians.
    Anyways I cook up a bunch at a time becuse it keeps well in fridge. and just take a little at a time.Hope this helps.
    Also look up Allrecipes they have great ideas and all the nutrional counting done for you.
    linda
  • badknees
    badknees Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello! Thanks, I just stumbled on your recipe. This is my second day at the MFP. I'm going to do it right now and it sounds so delicious! I'm glad I found this.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Roast vegie sandwiches are my favourite! They used to make a great one at my uni with sweet potato and then antipasto type vegies in it (mushrooms, eggplant etc). It was super delicious :smile:
  • terraskye
    Options
    I roast veggies all the time for sandwiches etc. Here is what I do and it is lo in cal and are good.
    Take whatever veggies you like I always have mushrooms, onion, peppers in every color, tomatoes, eggplant, broc. and cauliflower. Anyways in a bowl mix 1/3 cup oilive oil and 1/4 cup balsamic vineger with a little salt and pepper. Mix well then take a little bit under 1/4 cup and put in bowl do veggies seperately. after coating them with mixture put on baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil put in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 mins or until how you like them. I like onions carmalized and other not a well done.
    I just made this for dinner tonight and we put it on itilian bread with a little fetta cheese. We love it, but then we are vegetarians.
    Anyways I cook up a bunch at a time becuse it keeps well in fridge. and just take a little at a time.Hope this helps.
    Also look up Allrecipes they have great ideas and all the nutrional counting done for you.
    linda

Thanks!! That sounds great,,well minus the eggplant for me:) I'm just finishing up week one of giving up meat and I need lots of vegetarian options so I dont fail this time...Last time I tried I only lasted a month:(

Fiona
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When at your grocery store look for "Amies" foods they are good and no GMO. I also use Morningstar and Quion brands. I really like the chicken patties they are great on 100 cal thin sandwich breads with barbecu sauce. I have also made tacos with Morningstar;s meat crumbles and even my grandson (pickie eater) loved them till we told him what it as. Also, some days I can tell my body is cravy protein and I will eat a tablespoon of a natural peanut butter and craving goes away. What ever recipe site you go to has vegetarian recipes. Have fun and if I can help send me a message. I love being a vegetarian. One more thought if you like mushrooms, you can replace portabella mushroom for the meat in any recipe.
    linda
  • terraskye
    Options
    When at your grocery store look for "Amies" foods they are good and no GMO. I also use Morningstar and Quion brands. I really like the chicken patties they are great on 100 cal thin sandwich breads with barbecu sauce. I have also made tacos with Morningstar;s meat crumbles and even my grandson (pickie eater) loved them till we told him what it as. Also, some days I can tell my body is cravy protein and I will eat a tablespoon of a natural peanut butter and craving goes away. What ever recipe site you go to has vegetarian recipes. Have fun and if I can help send me a message. I love being a vegetarian. One more thought if you like mushrooms, you can replace portabella mushroom for the meat in any recipe.
    linda

Thanks for the suggestions:) No Quorn or Morningstar products here in Canada, well at least not here in Alberta....I can get the Tofurkey products and they look to be non GMO too .I can also get the Amy's products

Can I friend you? I am loving that I'm building up a support group here on MFP and from a couple of friends that are vegan..I'm ovo-lacto now but it may change in the future

Fiona
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love tomato sandwiches in the summer. Tomato, light mayo, mustard, and onion on toast. This is the basic version but I also like it with tomato, onion, avocado, and bean sprouts.
  • terraskye
    Options
    I love tomato sandwiches in the summer. Tomato, light mayo, mustard, and onion on toast. This is the basic version but I also like it with tomato, onion, avocado, and bean sprouts.

My Grandma taught me to love Tomato and onion sandwiches..My favorite bread was Hawaiian bread but I bet the bakery sourdough would be just as lovely...I also love it with the addition of avocados too:)

I think I'll buy the fixings for that this week:)

thanks for reminding me
  • tjadk23
    tjadk23 Posts: 13
    Options
    These sound so yummy!!! I can't wait to try a Veggie sandwich!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law sent me home with lots of leftovers from father's day yesterday so the steaks are being reserved for dinner but I created a veggie sandwich last night (a tiny one though) and loved it so I brought the ingredients here with me at work for lunch (which is now 40 min away – yay!)

Grilled peppers (there is oil on these but otherwise ok – I’d feel more confidant if I made them myself since they were made by the grocer but I desperately need to stop avoiding oil in my life so its ok) large beet slices and I brought whole-wheat bread to toast. If I put this together in advance it would probably go soggy, the beets have a tendency to dye the bread pink.

Beets are too neglected but so good!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is what you are thinking of, but... every weekend I juice a bunch of veggies. I take the pulp, add a couple eggs and some TVP, and make paties or meatballs out of the mixture. I grill them for hamburgers. It's a great snacjk.
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Here is the blog address for the sandwich you are referring to - http://www.mirandasjeans.com/. You will need scroll to the post from June 15, 2010 called Work Lunches.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Try looking up "Sam the Cooking Guy" from FIT TV. He has easy and awesome veggi sandwich recipes!!! I love all of his recipes.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    mmmm....sounds soo good. will have to try this soon
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Here is the blog address for the sandwich you are referring to - http://www.mirandasjeans.com/. You will need scroll to the post from June 15, 2010 called Work Lunches.
    cattiemac WOW, great site, thanks SO much for sharing the link, definitely a favorite place for me now! She's got the most awesome ideas for meals, lunches and others life issues, like ouch her sunburn and aloe.

Here's the direct link to the Yum-O Grilled veggie sammie, it'll take you right to it, but by all means check out the rest of her site if you can as you will find a wealth of many other easy fast ideas!
    http://www.mirandasjeans.com/?paged=6

Becca:flowerforyou: