Why am I not loosing weight quicker?

Options
This is my 5th week of tracking and doing 5 classes a week via instructor live, the classes are mostly cardio with 1 strength training each week (each class is 45mins). I seem to be not loosing weight as quickly as I thought I would (8lbs lost in 4 weeks) is this cause I'm gaining muscle? I am eating 1670 calories a day, sometimes I can't reach all of them and I don't eat my exercise calories. I don't drink a huge amount of water should I? Any ideas? Thanks

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You're losing two pounds per week and that isn't fast enough for you? Have you considered REALISTIC goals?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You lost 8lbs in 4 weeks... that's 2lbs/week, which is the fastest recommended rate of loss, and that's only if you're obese. If your profile is correct and you've got 36lbs to lose, you should be aiming for closer to 1lb/week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're losing two pounds per week and that isn't fast enough for you? Have you considered REALISTIC goals?

this
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

This.

You're already losing at a great pace.

I lose 2 lbs A MONTH if I'm lucky.

Lower your expectations and have some patience.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    It's because your thoughts about rate of weight loss are unrealistic.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with your weight loss more your expectations of it. 8lbs is an awesome weight loss, well done :)
    You really don't want to lose it any quicker or will risk losing your lean body mass, slow down a little. It isn't a race.
  • feefeemac3133
    feefeemac3133 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok I just thought because I was doing so much exercise this time I'd loose it quicker, as I have lost 2lbs per week before without exercise at all. Thanks all I'll change my thoughts :blush:
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add...

...nope, nothing else to add, everyone else already covered it.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I seem to be not loosing weight as quickly as I thought I would (8lbs lost in 4 weeks)

How quickly did you believe you would lose weight and on what available evidence did you reach that conclusion?

Would you consider it likely that you will amass a fortune overnight and if the answer is no why do you think you could do the equivalent with weight loss?

Your body is acting as it should. It is your mindset that needs work.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Lol, 2lbs a week would be great for any client of mine. What are your expectations? Biggest Loser type numbers? If so exercise 6 hours a day, isolate yourself from everyone including social media and eat unprocessed foods.............well except the ones the sponsors pay for.
    It's not a race, it's a lifestyle change.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Because your expectations were not realistic. Be patient
  • feefeemac3133
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ok thanks all seems I'm be unrealistic then, thanks for making me see sense ;)
  • feefeemac3133
    Options
    2 lbs a week is good progress. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

5'5 and 204lbs
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    8lbs in 4 weeks is an absolutely fantastic loss. You are losing the maximum 2lb per week - congratulations, why are you disappointed with this? What were you expecting?

• feefeemac3133
    Options
    8lbs in 4 weeks is an absolutely fantastic loss. You are losing the maximum 2lb per week - congratulations, why are you disappointed with this? What were you expecting?

Because I've lost 2lbs a week before just tracking and not exercising I thought I loose it quicker since I'm doing 5 classes a week?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you think you're burning per class?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Because I've lost 2lbs a week before just tracking and not exercising I thought I loose it quicker since I'm doing 5 classes a week?

Regardless - you are doing fantastically.
    I work out heavily four times a week mixing cardio and strength.

My first month, I lost 10lbs.
    2nd month: 8lbs
    3rd month: 6lbs
    4th month: 6lbs
    So far this month i've lost: 1.8 lbs

See where I'm going with this?

My inch loss is INCREDIBLE though.
  • feefeemac3133
    Options
    How many calories do you think you're burning per class?

Usually around 500-630 per class the strength one is around 310.
  • feefeemac3133
    Options

Regardless - you are doing fantastically.
    I work out heavily four times a week mixing cardio and strength.

My first month, I lost 10lbs.
    2nd month: 8lbs
    3rd month: 6lbs
    4th month: 6lbs
    So far this month i've lost: 1.8 lbs

See where I'm going with this?

My inch loss is INCREDIBLE though.

Yeah thanks for your help, I just need to realise it takes more time :-)

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you are doing well. you are losing weight